News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR HAT CREEK, CA MAY 13-14

Started by NorCal22Gal, May 17, 2017, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Hat Creek shoots are always fun.
We only had 2 students, both were returning students, which makes the course of instruction move quickly.
Both Dean and Michael were interested in the KD portion for Sunday, so Saturday was spent tightening up positions and working on the nut behind the trigger.  We did a couple AQT's on Saturday afternoon.  Dean repeated his rifleman with a 222 (or so I heard…).  The last part of Saturday was spent centering centerfires at 25 yds.
Sunday morning we did some classroom work talking about battlesight zero, and wind adjustment and such.   We moved to the line and proceeded to get sighted in on 100-400 yds.  We got in 6 aqt's on Sunday.  Nice scores from everyone. (some of the instructors got in a bit of kd trigger time with our students)  Polygunner added to his rifleman scores with a 330, 227, 226.  Dean finally got his KD Rifleman with a 200 exactly…and yes we anointed him with the waters of the north bridge!  Michael had some nice scores as did Steve and Andy.
All in all it was a great weekend that we didn't want to end.
Andy did his first sbit, learned a bit of what goes on behind the scenes and how to adapt a coi when you are dealing with a couple previous students and a KD segment. 
Thanks to everyone for all the help in setting up and tearing down.  All help is greatly appreciated and makes for easier job.
See ya next time.

Your instructors:
Laurie         NorCal22Gal   Shoot boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Mike         Polygunner
Andy         700x32
Steve         TallSteve

NorCal22Gal

Soooo apparently I was thinking of getting off work when I mentioned Polygunners score...it was a 230 not a 330...

And I missed April 6 Showers on Sat!!  April I'm sorry!!!

Anyway, we had a great time.  Everyone did a great job.

Thanks!

TallSteve

It was a fantastic weekend.
One of the finest ranges in the region.
Great people.
And I got in some additional work/play on improving my KD knowledge and scores.
Wish we could have participated in the bbq.
Thanks everyone for the fantastic experience.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003