News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas State Rifle Association Convention in February

Started by bigiceman, January 03, 2009, 10:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigiceman

Is anyone going to the TSRA convention?
Do we have a table or booth at the convention's sportsmans spectacular?
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Junior Birdman

There's a great opportunity here, as all 17 Riflemen in Texas may show up!  ;D

Ahem......Sorry.........Just bustin y'alls chops.  ::)

There truly is a great opportunity here, as with all shows. Good exposure for the project and a good opportunity to make contacts which could pay off big time in 2009. This will be a focused group and could get us a few more range sites!

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Scout

We have been talking about this for a while. TSRA is having some kind of internal squabble, but we could still use the exposure. I will be in the middle of an RBC and Several of the instuctors here willbe instructing. We are supposed to be getting an article written on us in TSRA News for the November shoot in El Paso.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

bigiceman

Glad we are going to be getting some exposure in the TSRA publication. I think we deserve that. It doesn't sound as if we have gotten a table and that only some individuals will be in attendance. I am going to look into it. It may be too late to get a vendor talbe, but maybe someone we know, like Cheaper Than Dirt, will be there and we can get some exposure at their booth/table.

WestTx

Jump on it ! It appears the internal squabble has been settled. And all of the BOD support the idea of Appleseed. SO far, we have gotten one Regional Director behind TSRA. It will take you all getting in the face of the other regional directors, in a nice sort of way. Bigiceman, you have the TSRA HQ over in Addison. Motor over and introduce yourself. They don't bite. And you don't need an appointment with them.
Rifleman. That says it all.

bigiceman

You are right WestTX. I have next week off. I think I will drive on over there and ask my questions about the convention and see if I cannot talk to a few people. Even if they do bite, I got thick skin. It's only 50 miles, that is a normal commute for me anyway.

bigiceman

I have been in contact with the TSRA about getting a table at the convention at the end of February. The date is February 28-March 1. The cost of a table is under a hundred dollars. Since I am getting together the stuff to put a table up at the Fort Worth gun show 2 weeks earlier I think I will just hang on to it and get to the convention. What I am going to need is some help from others to help me man a table in Mesquite for the weekend. How about it?

WestTx

Did you get a table at TSRA's shindig? If so, I will have Rich Gilliland drop by and introduce you around. Call me later and I can give you the benefit of my extremely limited knowledge of the inner workings of TSRA<GRIN>. Or give Scout a shout. He's been working them and with them lately. I think.

bigiceman

I have not gotten the table, because I have no one to sit at it. There is an extreme shortage of RWVA personnel here in the DFW area. I can try and do much alone, as you have, but I have a work schedule that has been unfriendly to this kind of effort so far this year.

Texian

I'm in Dallas.  At least that's two of us in the DFW area.  I would like to meet the the powers that be at TSRA and do anything I can to help out with Appleseed.  Since I just joined, my schedule does not permit help at the upcoming TSRA event, but there will be others. 

bigiceman

Glad to see your enthusiasm Texian. There are always things that need doing. Just look around, find something that suits you and dive in. I did.

Texian

Where is the convention going to be?  I have to work this weekend, but I might try to get out there at lunch if time permits. 

WestTx

February 28-March 1, 2009 at the Mesquite Convention Center and Hampton Inn & Suites At Rodeo Center, 1700 Rodeo Drive, Mesquite, Texas 75149.

Texian