News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orlando, FL Ladyseed May 6 & 7, 2017

Started by Minutemom, May 08, 2017, 02:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minutemom

Eight amazing women came out to the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club this weekend to improve their marksmanship and reconnect with their heritage.  The weather was beautiful, and a brisk breeze on Saturday kept it from getting too warm.  The first redcoat of the weekend revealed that there was much work to be done.  But these gals came equipped with teachable attitudes and tons of enthusiasm, and progress was quickly made.  We wrapped up the day with an AQT and the redcoats showed much improvement.

Sunday was much warmer, and all eight shooters returned with smiles, eager to continue what they had started the day before.  Krystal and Lynn were brave enough to get behind the laser for an NPOA exercise, and the subsequent carding of sights resulted in many 'a-ha' moments on the line.  Several AQTs did not reveal any new riflewomen, but with the focus and persistence that these ladies displayed, they all know that they have it within them to attain that status.

Jeanne, you came with a great attitude and you were always smiling.  Never did you let discouragement enter your heart!
Krystal, you have great focus and determination, and it was such a pleasure watching your groups improve!
Gabby, our young patriot, you are so smart, patient, and enthusiastic!  Keep practicing at the range with your dad, and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.
Nan, after working out some issues, you were sending some amazing groups downrange!  Your words inspired all of us this weekend.
Lynn, you had some bad habits to overcome, and you should be so proud of yourself for facing up to the challenge with grace and determination. 
Jaira, I must say that by the end of the day Saturday, you did NOT suck, and by Sunday, even with ice on your shoulder, you were officially off of the suck-o-meter!  VERY impressive improvement and nice tight groups!
Donna, it was so awesome to see you again!  You would make the Brave Women that we heard about on Sunday very proud.  You never gave up all weekend, and I know that earning the score is right around the corner for you!
Kelli, I was so impressed with your determination to get into every position, despite your difficulties.  You knew what was best to do for yourself, and you ended up with some very nice groups on the targets!

I have to give a very special shout out to Rambo Granny, who went WAY above and beyond the call of duty in so many ways to make this shoot happen.  Your warmth, encouragement, and laughter buoyed us all through the weekend.  You have such a way about you, this shoot would not have been nearly as great without your calm, steady presence. 

Green Dragons, minnesotarabit, and teacherteach, our wonderful, dedicated, and talented blue hats, thank you so much for helping the weekend run so smoothly!  Each one of you were ready, like minutemen, at a moment's notice, to hand out targets, fetch dummy rifles, and anything else that needed to be done, even without asking. 

Liesl Liberty, you were awesome this weekend.  Thank you so much for coming down to help out.  You truly speak from the heart when you speak, and your stories and history are so inspirational.  It is so apparent that Appleseed has great meaning for you.

And last but not least, to our guys - 9mm4545, Smoakingun, xsquidgator, and Cable__Guy.  As always, thanks so much for your support!  You all contributed so much to this shoot, whether it was moving rifles on and off the line, modeling, or getting down in the dirt with the students, we could not have done it without you!

And one very last special mention - Mr Pete.  There are really no words, but if one could paint a picture of loving support, enthusiasm, thoughtfulness, and kindness, it would look like you.  You were the gentle breeze that filled the sails. 

Ok, I must also pat myself on the back for just surviving the weekend.  Haha, you all made it such a pleasure!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Green Dragons

What a FANTASTIC bunch of ladies to work with this weekend!  While we like to keep the Lady Appleseed to just Lady instructors, our 8 fine students were welcoming of the Male instructors to help keep the weekend moving and the lessons flowing.  So much improvement was made by all that I truely believe the next Appleseed these Ladies attend will reveal a fine batch of Riflewomen! 
Remember that dry fire is your FRIEND, and that not everyone can do the seated prone like Chris.....there is a shooting position for every one of us. 
Thank you Appleseed Instructors and Applecore Volunteers.  You are my favorite range family!
See you all at Gainesville in October, if not sooner.
Green Dragons
Rifleman -March 23,2014
Rifleman - Feb 26, 2017
ALICE Certified Instructor 2019
USAF 1987-1994

rambo granny

All students had an exceptional teachable attitude! 🤗 They accepted that firehouse of information with both grace & gusto. The whole cadre was richly rewarded for our efforts to assist these ladies on their journey to becoming riflewomen who also value their history & heritage. Every student expressed interest in attending another Ladyseed, & I certainly look forward to seeing them all again.
Can I just say I love my Appleseed family?
Thanks to everyone in the cadre for so much intuitive help. ðŸ'
Minutemom, you knocked it out of the park as SBIT who truly ran the whole event!  ^:)^ I have a feeling madam yottnottin is smiling as more women are becoming involved in Liberty.
Oh, & seeing our beloved Smoak decked out in a bright red tiara.....priceless! And mighty dad gummed funny ðŸ˜,
Can't wait to see the pics of that!
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Squeeeeezer

What a GREAT weekend!  Loved spending time with new friends and old friends alike.  I question why I put my body through this vigorous treatment but in the end with my sense of pride, it all comes back to me.  I truly enjoy these events and look forward to when I can go back again.

Thank you to all of you for making this event such a success.  Without your guidance, knowledge, wisdom and most of all patience I would not shoot as well as I do.  I learn new techniques each and every event.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :1luvu  Minutemom, great job everything was perfect!

Looking forward to the pictures!  Until we meet again.
Squeeeeezer

Cable___Guy

What a Great weekend.
I snapped a few Pictures.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Seed Dog

What a GREAT! Weekend it was. I came in not really knowing what to expect as I just wanted to learn how to shoot a rifle without frustration. I am right handed and left eye dominant and everyone I  have encountered has tried to teach me a different way leading to me being frustrated!
I got all I want it and more out of this weekend and I cannot wait to do it againðŸ˜,,
What a great group of instructors and volunteers. I want to thank everyone of you for your great teaching and calmness while doing so. The pain was all worth it and I will do it again any chance I get. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU ! I finally feel I can shoot a rifle confidently without any more issuesðŸ'
🐾🐶🐾never give up life is too short🐾🐶🐾
                   No pain no gain

Seed Dog

Quote from: Seed Dog on May 09, 2017, 10:37:38 PM
What a GREAT! Weekend it was. I came in not really knowing what to expect as I just wanted to learn how to shoot a rifle without frustration. I am right handed and left eye dominant and everyone I  have encountered has tried to teach me a different way leading to me being frustrated!
I got all I want it and more out of this weekend and I cannot wait to do it againðŸ˜,,
What a great group of instructors and volunteers. I want to thank everyone of you for your great teaching and calmness while doing so. The pain was all worth it and I will do it again any chance I get. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU ! I finally feel I can shoot a rifle confidently without any more issuesðŸ'
🐾🐶🐾never give up life is too short🐾🐶🐾
                   No pain no gain

minnesotarabit

Was a really great shoot, nice weather, and super people to work with and around. The ladies on the line had amazing attitudes and get-to-itiveness. Minutemom did a wonderful job as her first SBIT, and Mr. Pete and RG really pulled together to help encourage her and help her along. Greendragon and Teacherteach were super blue hatting - we need to clone Greendragon and get about eight of her around the state!

Mr. Pete, it was an honor to finally get to meet you and have some quality time. You were really an inspiration, made for some very though provoking soul searching, and never, ever did you rag on anyone, especially me. I appreciated all your input.

To all the men - thankyouthankyouthankyou once again for your loyal support with love and smiles. 9mm4545, cable_guy, xsquidgator, Smoak (never thought I would get to tease you about being Queen for the Day, Smoak...:) ) - you are all gentlemen (and Mr. Pete) that return hope to all of us about what real gentlemen truly are. Thank you!

Going to try and load some pictures in the next post, wish me luck!

Huzzah!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Minutemom

Group photos, complements of minnesotarabit, and Gabby receiving her young patriot patch, courtesy of Green Dragons.  Thanks ladies!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Mr Pete

Good to see you again Squeeeeezer!  The circles of good people are small, but hopefully getting larger.  Please give that Brian guy my regards.

Seed Dog, nice to meet you and I hope to meet you again down the road.  My daughter admires and is jealous of your cool forum name.  I told her, "Seed Dog Too", is just riding your coat-tails and being a copy-cat!

It was my honor to be a part of this wonderful event.  I'm thankful that I got to meet more extended Appleseed family.  I can't imagine entrusting my daughter to any other group of people (students and teachers).  I wish for a world where I could just drop my daughter off and feel confident that she was as safe as could be.  I don't trust her safety at a Walmart, but I did with a bunch of strangers with rifles.  Appleseed - where people who have never met before look out for one another, my daughter included.  A shining example of an American weekend :F.  It may have been work, but it just seemed like hanging out with fine folk.

Please consider hosting more events like this one Ms Chris! 

Ladies (and I guess Gentlemen) I hope to see you all again on (or off) the Appleseed trail.
-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies