News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, 06-07May2017

Started by IXOYE, May 06, 2017, 08:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had seven shooters and a beautiful day in Dubuque. It almost felt too warm with the sun bearing down on everyone. But they stuck with it and did well. Our Red Coat at the end of the day didn't reflect the progress I saw earlier in the day. I think that was because people were getting worn out.

James is knocking at the door to rifleman and Sheryl is close when her eyes are rested. Taj, having basically never shot a rifle before was doing very good as well. Everyone else showed measurable improvement throughout the day. I'm looking forward to Sunday with everyone coming back rested and ready to go.

I wasn't able to get many pictures but I'll post what I did get in a day or two.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

All seven participants showed up again on Sunday for another beautiful day. By the end of the day we had a rifleman and a new Orange Hat! Congratulations to James! And welcome to the Appleseed team! Kudos to everyone else for doing an excellent job all weekend.

Here is our group pictures on Saturday

Borrowing Dad's Rifle

Stage 4 Focus

Kneeling for stage II

Great Form

Excellent Seated Form

From the other side

Shooting squares on Saturday

Flags on Sunday morning

Flags with some breeze on Sunday Morning

Standing

Standing

Yet another standing

Our new rifleman

Riflemen with his 216 score

Taking an Orange Hat

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Kahless

Thanks for putting on a great event Rex. I'm honored to be presented with the opportunity of the orange hat and look forward to working with you.

Ames

Congrats James for taking an orange hat!  Welcome to the Iowa instructor cadre. I look forward to meeting and working with you!  ^:)^

Rex - great job on the shoot, as usual!

Cort