News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alto, MI May 6 & 7 2017

Started by Snipette, May 04, 2017, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snipette

Placeholder- Alto (Caledonia)
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

SteelThunder

A most excellent event!  Thanks to our shooters and fine instructor crew.   :F :F :F :F

It was excellent to see our old friends Josh, Brian and Jerry out again.  Your camaraderie made the weekend fun and you are all knocking at the door with scores consistently in the 190s.  Next time!  Practice that NPOA and you'll be there. 

Gary and Austin.  Can't believe the progress...going from "never shot an Appleseed" to consistently shooting in the high 100's is clearly a case of excellent instruction great skill and persistence on your part.  Hope to see you guys out again, with many friends. 

Thanks for everyone's attention and interaction on the history.  You are why we do this   :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

J-Dog, Snipette -- great work this weekend and most excellent history!
DSS and Rascal -- thanks, you made the weekend easy(-er)

:pics:

Steel
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

warbladejm

This is Jerry :)

Another very fun event!

I came very close but missed the mark with a best score of 204! towards the end of Sunday the wind and sand mixed with exhaustion and soreness took its toll

My First Event with SteelThunder, which was a great experience, his enthusiasm for long range is very obvious and i will always remember one of his common statements "Doing math is fun! when it involves guns..."

the brief time with DSS was beneficial

J-Dog showed great potential on his path to instructor

and what can i say, an Appleseed wouldn't seem right if Snipette and Rascal weren't involved they both have been at all 3 events i have participated

J-Dog

Jerry, thanks for the kind words. I see a Rifleman patch in your future.

Steel Thunder, DSS, Snipette, Rascal, it was a pleasure working with all of you.  Looking forward to the next shoot.

Snipette

And I'm a bit slow to the party, buuuuut.... the pictures are UP on the facebook page! 
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1162003897243111
Have a gander!

You all were GREAT participants!  Thanks for making it such a fun and easy weekend!!  Invite some more friends and come on out!  Back at Caledonia in July!!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the next shoot!
Brenda
aka Snipette
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs