News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missoula, MT April 22-23 Patriot's Day Appleseed

Started by peterlandsiedel, April 26, 2017, 11:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

This Patriot's Day weekend saw a number of Americans get off the couch and onto the firing line to hone their skills in marksmanship, and hear the story of the birth of our country. I was lucky enough to have Slainte volunteer to assist as an IIT. I could not have done this weekend without you my friend.

Weather Saturday morning proved to be brisk but as the day wore on, temperatures rose significantly. So much so, that this shoot boss sustained a nice little sunburn on the back of his neck and head!

I was honored to work with two father-son teams, a Marine Corps veteran, a Navy Veteran, an enthusiastic young man (that would later shoot rifleman!), and last but not least, my best friend from law school. Every shooter on the line put forth their best effort, and groups shrank significantly throughout the weekend.

Sunday weather was less than ideal, and we had only 3 shooters return, but I suspect the others will be back to another shoot, hopefully when the weather is nicer.

Special congratulations to Justin for shooting rifleman, AND taking an orange hat this weekend! My Navy and Marine Corps vets were both within striking distance of earning a rifleman patch, and I have no doubts they'll shoot above a 210 at the next shoot. It was a pleasure working with all of you, and I hope to see you again soon.

Photos forthcoming.

Slainte

It was a pleasure to help out and try my hand at helping on the line.  The rest from shooting most likely helped out my wounded shoulder.

Congratulations to Justin on shooting Rifleman!

I hope to see the father/son teams back at our next shoot.  Also our fellow veterans, they were great to work with.

Peter, I hope you're caring for your pink spot on your head...

My shop after the shoot:

eert

Congrats to all.  I'm sorry I couldn't come help at the Missoula Shoot, but I had already promised to help at Waitsburg.  It would be good to work the line with you again.  Maybe next time!

Pat