News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Patriot's Day Pelham, TN April 22nd, 2017

Started by Regulator, April 26, 2017, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regulator

A small, but intrepid group of shooters showed up in a driving thunder storm, to Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN. I'd never contemplated canceling a shoot because of weather, but I was beginning to wonder if we would have to call this one due to lightening. We only had 6 shooters signed up, but all of them showed up, along with one walk-on. As we took shelter under a carport behind the firing line, I decided to go ahead and kick things off according to the schedule, and tell history until either the storm broke or it became apparent that it wasn't going to break at all. By the time we were through with the opening speech, the safety briefing and the 1st Strike, the storm had subsided and the rain had stopped.

Being a one-day clinic we had a lot of instruction to cover, but we had plenty of help. Johnny Reb, NBF, Palouise, Leadslinger66, and Cossack were the instructor crew for the day, and they each did a fine job of teaching the material, presenting the history, and coaching shooters on the line.

Palouise was our resident weather watcher for the day, and she warned us that we had until about 4:00 p.m. until the bad weather came back through. We got in one AQT in the afternoon, the memorial volley, and just as I finished Patrick Henry's Liberty or Death speech, one of the range folks came up the hill telling us to pack it up, as we were under the threat of tornado. The sky was as black and low as I've seen it! We pulled rifles from the line, and fell to breaking down the canopies. The shooters pitched in with the rest of us, and I've never seen a line come down that fast! I wish I had a video of the whole process!

We didn't have any new Riflemen, but we had some who were very close. Had this been a 2-day shoot, I expect we would have had at least 2. All in all, it was a good day.
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15