News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

funfaler comes to Lansing, January 28th through Feb 2nd.

Started by funfaler, January 01, 2009, 04:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

Hey All,

I get the opportunity to spend a week in Lansing, every moring getting in early, going back out that evening.

Also, I lay over the entire weekend.  Getting in very early Saturday moring, leaving Monday evening. 

This is a great opportunity to meet face to face, talk about the program in Michigan and to get some information shared.

We can work out the details, let me know who might be nearby that can meet up.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Puff-TMD

It's about a 1.5 hour drive for me.  Keeping in mind winter weather, should be able to make it on the weekend.  PM details when you have them? 
"Liberty means responsibility.   That is why most men dread it."  --   George Bernard Shaw

johniim

Lansing is about 2-2.5 hours for me but I'd be willing to get together maybe a late lunch. It sounds like you work nights so I'll let you decide the time.

Muddogg

I work Saturday from 10am-6pm, so I probably won't be able to make it. I do have Sundays and Mondays off though. I'm in the Detroit area so however far that is from Lansing.
-The Muddogg

johniim

Looks like I'll be helping with the IL DAR on the 31st & 1st

funfaler

Hey All,

I just got done doing a similar thing here in Colorado, and I would have to call it a very good success.

This offers us a some interesting possibilities:

We can invite our friends and family, that may not have been to an Appleseed yet, to discuss the details of the program an ask questions, to help build a stronger MI (and event Northern IN ) Appleseed Team.

I am happy to speak with any shooting club/range members or Board members that have questions about the program.  This is a good opportunity for them to get a "presentation" from someone on the "national level" of the program and to ask questions.

This is also an opportunity to invite folks from other forums that have expressed an interest in getting involved in the program.

The meeting here in CO was with 5 folks that have never been to an Appleseed, and it afforded them a chance to ask questions and the program to lay out a plan for building a stronger Appleseed program, with some coordinated efforts.

So, your jobs!

1)  Ensure that all RWVA/Appleseed members are aware of the plan to get together.

2)  Invite clubs/ranges members, as many as possible, especially board members

3)  Invite folks from other forums or organizations within your state.

4)  Bring friends and family. 

We spent about 4 hours together here, discussing Appleseed, a plan for advancing this area, and getting to know each other.  We also had dinner together (like to say that Fred bought, but, cheap is cheap..... <:))

I am free the whole weekend, thus am flexible about what happens when.   I suspect, depending on the number of folks, we can find a corner in the hotel to meet, or a resturaunt.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

ff

Puff-TMD

I'll try to round some folks up.  (No family here, but may rope in a coworker or the boss.)  Sunday is "free" time for me.  Saturday can be arranged.
"Liberty means responsibility.   That is why most men dread it."  --   George Bernard Shaw

BeeFree

Hi funfaler!

i am oh 10 minutes from the Lansing airport.  Send me details so I can arrange a babysitter and bring MrBeefree and you can convince him to do an Appleseed.  Fred said you are very convincing.

Thanks.

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Old Glory!

Lansing 409 miles away......hmmmm???.........you have any plans to be near Baraboo, WI? ::)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

funfaler

OK, some details.

Here is the hotel:

HOTEL NAME: Sheraton 
ADDRESS: 925 S. Creyts Rd     
CITY: Lansing  STATE: MI  Zip Code: 48917
PHONE: 517-323-7100

I will be arriving at 6:30 am, on Saturday, January 31, in need of some sleep.  So, I will be available Saturday afternoon/evening, and/or Sunday all day, and Monday morning/early afternoon.

Send me a PM, I will get you my cell phone number.

This is a great opportunity to bring others to discuss Appleseed, the goals of the program, discuss a plan for Michigan's Appleseed program and to meet fellow Appleseeders in your area.

For any outsiders/visitors viewing this, you are welcome to join us too.

If there are any clubs in the area that would like a presentation/discussion of the program, I would be happy to do that too.

Unless there is a better plan, we can meet at the hotel, depending on the numbers, we can find a place to meet, or relocate to a restaurant.

Let's plan on 4 hours, to give a full opportunity for dicussion and planning.  More time is fine with me, as spending time with Appleseeders/Riflemen is the apex of a good time  O0

Hooters Billy

Ahh man. If I wasn't helping out with the IL DAR I would be there. If it gets canceled due to extreme weather I will show.

Hooters Billy
"There is no greater evil then willful ignorance," ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Advice on life from Fred himself to me on 6-21-09:
"If you hope to be a good looking corps, you better hurry up and die soon!"

CQ CQ CQ de KC9MTP

funfaler

I sent out a PM last night, to all the replied to this thread, however, my schedule has changed.  I will not be coming to Lansing for the weekend  :(

So, unfortunately, we will not be able to meet.  No reason you all can not have a gathering, meeting and discussing Appleseed plans with fellow Appleseeders......only thing better, shooting with Appleseeders  O0

I apologize for the short notice, only found out myself last night.

I hope to get up there soon, we will try it then.

Thanks all.