News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin, GA April 8-9

Started by T.J. 8, April 11, 2017, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.J. 8

What a great weekend for Liberty at the Red Hill Range in Martin, GA! Only the second Project Appleseed event at this range, owner Chris Phillips brought out his Head of Promotions, Katie Strickland, to take pictures and do interviews to better promote future Project Appleseed Clinics at Red Hill. Katie had pictures up on the Red Hill Range Facebook page before we were done with day one!  :)

Saturday started off a bit chilly but warmed up nicely. Shooters arrived enthusiastic and ready to go! We started the morning with Strike One and then moved into a full day of instruction and shooting. The shooters were attentive to both history and instruction. It was fantastic to see 3 generations of a family on the line,Paul(Granddad), Jonathan(Dad), Joshua and Samuel (sons).Great strides were made by all and I anticipate future riflemen out of each one! The day was brought to a close with an April 19th volley in honor of those Revolutionary War heroes who sacrificed their lives that day in the cause of Liberty and the rousing recitation of Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech by Morpheus!. Huzzah! Youth patches were awarded to Joshua and Samuel and April 19th patches to all!

Sunday started with great shooter participation in all reviews before getting to some AQT's . John, keep up the good work and remember a Rifleman persists! Edbie, awesome to see you on the line keeping those skills sharp. The weather was once again gorgeous but getting on the really wam side by afternoon.  We ended the day by shooting steel at 100 yards where the shooters were able to prove for themselves that what works at 25m, works at greater distances! The satisfying Ping! Ping! Was a great way to end a great weekend! The shooters requested AQT, Red Coat and squares targets to take home and practice for their next Project Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic!

A great big thank you to Morpheus, Gretchen, Cipher, Dr. John, Warp and Guitarzan for volunteering at this event. The Georgia Cadre is a well oiled machine! Great instructors and my great honor to work with each and every one of you! This was my SBiT 3 and I appreciate you all for being a part of this my journey to Shoot Boss!

Ramblin' Wreck

HUZZAH Terri! Congratulations.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

T.J. 8

Thank you, Wreck, for all your guidance and advice!