News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Talladega, AL March 25-26, 2017

Started by EddieB, April 05, 2017, 12:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

We held our first Alabama event of the year at the fantastic CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park.  We certainly are grateful for  their generous support.  If you haven't visited this range, do yourself a favor and check it out!

We had dire predictions of severe thunderstorms on Saturday but somehow the rain held off until we were finished for the day.  During that time we heard the true story of April 19, 1775, and the amazing people who preserved liberty for us.  We also worked through many drills, building and strengthening the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.  These skills were put to test toward the end of Saturday as we completed our first AQT.

On Sunday we went through a quick review and warmed up with several sighter groups.  We worked through a few more drills and then posted our first AQT of the day.  At lunchtime we heard the stories of several Dangerous Old Men (and women, some not so old) and the incredible courage they had.  The AQTs continued after lunch and we found ourselves with several new Riflemen!  Jody shot a 210 and received a dowsing with water from the North Bridge.  He later shot a 224!  Austin shot a 215 and followed up with a 219.  Will shot a 228, Zach shot a 230, and Mark shot a 231!  Huzzah!  Rusty requalified using a bolt-gun and scored 216.  Jeannie requalified with a very impressive 236, the highest score of this event.

We spent the last 90 minutes on Sunday practicing KD shooting on the 100 yard range using electronic targets.  After spending most of the weekend shooting with a 25m zero, were your shots high or low out at 100 yards?  We had some practice applying IMC to bring our groups right on target at this range.

Thank you to all the shooters and instructors who came together to make this a memorable weekend.  Don't forget to tell your friends and family about the event, April 19, and the high cost paid for our Liberty.  We sincerely hope to see you at another Project Appleseed event, and don't forget to bring a friend!

Jody about to take a bath after shooting 210.

Austin makes Rifleman (the first time!)

Zach made his 230 look easy!

Thanks to the Youth who attended this event.

Shooting at 100 yard targets.

Maximum Ordinate presents Project Appleseed - Alabama patches to our instructors.

More photos are here:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/Talladega%20AL%20March%2025%202017

Mixed Metaphor

I echo EddieB's comments.  The CMP Marksmanship Park at Talladega is a great range!  Their staff is second to none.  We had awesome shooters!  I truly enjoyed working with them and the Appleseed volunteers.  There is no better way to spend a weekend (or a day, if it's a one day event).  I hope to see each and every one of them again soon.  I have never attended an Appleseed event where I did not learn.
Thank you EddieB, Maximum Ordinate, Google, Headshot Heather, Schaffer03, GlockMike and rx7spd217!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Maximum Ordinate

Good job everyone... shooters and instructors alike!   O0
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.