News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Late May Massachusetts Events

Started by aim, April 03, 2017, 11:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

May 27th: one day full distance event at Granby. Bring your zeroed centerfire rifle and qualify at 400 yards. And beyond.  :snipersmi

May 20th: one day high-round-count event at Harvard. A tune-up-Seed for Granby. Bring your zeroed centerfire rifle for a shakeout day.  %)

May 21st: come walk Battle Road with us. See the sights, hear the stories, feel the weight of history.  :F

The former event has limited attendance - register early! The latter event is a free, non-shooting event, with registration encouraged. As for the Goldilocks event in the middle...

If you shot rifleman and need a second event before stepping up as an instructor, this event is for YOU!  @)
   If you want to spend the day in the company of great people and clouds of powder smoke, this event is for YOU! :~
   If you are ready to step up to a real caliber (with ammo you can find on the shelves of your local big-box store), this event is for YOU!  :---
   If you want to be challenged to shoot tighter groups, faster courses of fire, and RUN everywhere, this event is for YOU!  &)
   If you want to improve your shooting and help out your neighbors on the firing line, this event is for YOU!  O0
   If you always thought that I talk slow and want to hear me talk REALLY fast, then this event is definitely for YOU!  ~~:)

I am running out of smileys here, so join us at the range before I am forced to resort to emojis!

Shiny!

aim

A repost from NES:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/332812-May-in-Massachusetts?p=5498237#post5498237

May 27th: Full Distance event at Granby, MA. Full size targets at 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards. Targets out to beyond 1000 yards. Great club, run by nice people. And your rifle gets to stretch its legs. How could you miss this opportunity? Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/granby-ma-appleseed-known-distance-may-27-2017-tickets-33393186921
Prerequisites are: a previous 210 or better score on an AQT, a zeroed centerfire rifle, 300 rounds of ammo.

What's that? A zeroed centerfire rifle? Ah, have we got a deal for you...

May 20th: Tune-up event at Harvard, MA. Regular Project Appleseed program, regular 25 meter distance, regular targets. Just twice as fast as usual. We'll get your rifle zeroed *and* we'll get all the bugs worked out in preparation for Granby! Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harvard-ma-appleseed-may-20-2017-one-day-event-tickets-33392648310
We strongly suggest a 210 or better and a centerfire rifle, but we'll take you as you come (we'll do our best to get you caught up and up to speed, but the word for that day will be Quickly! Quickly! Quickly! All ready on the firing line? FIRE!). Brings LOTS of ammo - or be prepared to sit courses of fire out and help us score targets.

Exhausted after the 20th? Too tired to clean your rifle? Ah, have we got a deal for you...

May 21st: lupis42 will lead a tour of Battle Road. Free of charge, no signup necessary, no free T-Shirts (but you do get a free rocker), tissues/hankies recommended.
I happen to think we live in the best country in the world. Ever. And I happen to know that without courageous acts by some courageous people, things may have been different. And those acts, by THOSE people - well, they happened right here, in Massachusetts, to hundred and forty two years ago within easy walking distance of the Harvard Sportsmen's Club. These people may all be dead, but I sincerely hope they will not be forgotten.
Join us on Battle Road, hear the Story, and keep the Heritage alive!
Shiny!