News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread: Knob Creek April 22 & 23, 2017

Started by Graywolf, April 01, 2017, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We are about three weeks out from the Knob Creek Appleseed, so we need to get the planning started.  We have 9 shooters signed up so far. 

I will be at the range at 7:30 a.m. to finish set up, with instructor meeting taking place immediately following.  ( I am planning on doing the majority of set up late Friday afternoon.}

We will likely need loaner rifles, and likely other equipment like mats as well.  As usual, bring sunscreen, bug repellent, etc. Come prepared for rain or shine - we could get either or combinations of the two - and bring extra for shooters if you can.   Instructors should also bring pen, note pad, etc. for helping keep notes on called shots, etc.

Instructors so far:
ITs: Dond, Reckless Rick
IITs: Sheepdog, Pocketknife
Applecore: Sarah

History Assignments:  Volunteer or be "Voluntold"

First Strike: Graywolf
Second Strike: Reckless Rick
Third Strike: Sheep Dog

DOMs:
Whittemore: Pocketknife
Wyman: WmLyons
Lamson: Sheep Dog
Cutter: Graywolf
Other: ?

Progress Checks Expected:  (Let me know if you are planning to do a PC - Highly encouraged to do one.)
      Sheep Dog

Stay tuned to this thread for updates and changes.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Reckless Rick

I'm in for the second strike,let me know I can catch a ride with anyone from downtown Louisville!Looking forward to a great shoot!
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

WmLyons

Graywolf,

I sent you a message this morning before I saw this thread.  I was signed up to work Jonesville, VA shoot April 22nd.  It has cancelled.  I already have that weekend set aside for Appleseed and I hate to not serve on Patriots Weekend. 

If you have need of me, I would like to come to Knobb Creek.  I would be happy to perform any of the Instructional or History assignments.  It looks like you need Strike 3 and DOM storytellers.  I don't want to knock one of the IITs out of a story or a Strike if they want to complete their requirements but if they don't want it, I will take whatever you want to assign to me.  DOM stories, I could do James Russell and Elizabeth Zane, or one of the others  Just let me know so I can brush up extra after a long winter off. lol

WmLyons
Bill

Sheep Dog

Graywolf, I've been trying to contact you by PM this afternoon about the weekend but I'm concerned that my PM's may not be going through like before. 

If anyone working Knob Creek this weekend could let Graywolf know I'm trying to come ntsct him, I would really appreciate it.  Thank you!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson