News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2017 Michigan History Boot Camp - March 25 & 26, 2017

Started by Graywolf, March 27, 2017, 01:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a great weekend we had in Lapeer, MI. for our 2017 History Boot Camp.  I was excited and humbled to be with this fantastic group of people.  We discussed storytelling and history, but most of all we had loads of fun.   (Now who was the "Crazy Cider Dude" exactly?   **) )  I am looking forward to hearing you all tell history somewhere on down the trail!!

Thank you to Snipette and Critterkeeper for the fantastic food and for all your planning and work in making this event a huge success.  Thank you also to the Lapeer County Sportsman's club for the use of the facilities.  Thank you also to Number6 who provided the Appleseed History Jeopardy game for Saturday night.  Lastly, but not "leastly" thank you to 3.Dogs, Superheat, and Click for the fantastic strikes and D.O.M.s they presented.  Well done, gentlemen.  You've given us all something to reach for.

Now I know there were some pics taken so let's post 'em on up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

devilkitty

Very happy I managed to attend this event; a veritable firehose of solid information and advice. I did expect a lot, knowing how we do things in Michigan, and this went beyond.

Even after all the reading I've done, it was still a surprise for highly-detailed me to see (and moreover, actually admit to myself) how few "moving parts" the Strikes actually have...

Thanks to all for a great weekend.

If you haven't attended an HBC, DO SO.
You will not regret it, and the shades of the Patriots of old will thank you for it. (Crazy Cider Dude, too.)
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

BeeFree

Elias Brown!  and if I were a dude, I'd change my screen name... lol.

Next time you do this, I'm going to clear both days, so I get to see/hear the second half of the HBC!  That was well worth it!  Thanks for all your work, Greywolf!
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Superheat

What an excellent event learning history and how to present it.  Great job Graywolf.

Attendees please post up your experience so others will see the value of attending.

PICTURES!

SHOOT BOSS

Girl with the nice hand writing.

Flat water Johnny!

3.Dogs with a WONDERFUL first strike

Snippette kept us all very well fed

Hard at work

Charley

What an amazing Appleseed Weekend! I'm so very glad Yankee and I could attend. I know I've learned the tricks of the trade in making my history telling even better. Thank you Click for your patience and guidance with Yankee. He came home bragging about "having [his] history skeleton." ... Little Buddy and I have "volun-told" him he will be presenting a D.O.M. in June  ;) Thank you to all the Michigan crew involved! This was spectacular!! We will be coming again....I may even have to bring Little Buddy to join the fun  O0