News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mediseed! Henrico Virginia, March 4, 2017

Started by The Wolfhound, March 04, 2017, 11:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

The plan was to increase our training with CPR and first aid focused on gunshot wounds.  We gathered most of the Virginia Cadre with a good bunch from Maryland and representatives from North Carolina and South Carolina.  Virginia's own "Odds-r-even" was marshalled into teaching after "Monkey" had organized and gathered 20 instructors in a central location for instructor development.  It was a new adventure for Appleseed as we dedicated time to learning life saving techniques.  Not a shot was fired but the participants will be much better prepared.  Thorough discussions included first aid kit essentials and how to use them, CPR, and casualty planning for events.  This is a first but should happen again and again in many regions.  It was a very successful event.

Marquis de M

Dear Wolfhound, your report is very interesting and encouraging. I have the TCCC course available as PDF and PPT files if interested. Can be taught in 9 hours or less. Happy to send them to you via email, please do private message me if interested.
I'm now working on a new extremely compressed 15 minute version of it so that it could be taught during one of the Appleseed breaks, it there's time...
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---