News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow, CA February 25-26, 2017

Started by StormN, March 01, 2017, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

A truly great event at L. E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club, 17 great attendee's and a wonderful group of instructors. We had an equal mix of new and previous attendee's. I will post more info as time permits but please post your pictures and comments.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

mnichols

Great weekend, despite the weather.
I had a great time, I hope everyone else did as well.
Thank you to everyone who came out, shooters and instructors alike.
Looking forward to April for the next one.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

Crazydave

Norm always runs a great event.  His crew went the extra mile on sunday in setting up the tent city to keep us out of the rain.

Great job guys!

ErinsDad

Great weekend, great group of people.  The weather threw us a few curve balls, all the rain and the wind.  This weekend is as close to a winterseed that we will get in SoCal.

Thanks Debby for hosting us at the range and Norm for putting on a great event.

Congratulations to all the new Rifleman!

kmkahuna

Another fantastic weekend with the SOCAL Appleseed crew!
Thank you so much to Norm, Sheri, and Debby for the dedication.. where would San Diego be without you guys? :) 
I put some pictures together too, and loaded them up here, along with the thread pictures.
Until April! 
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/kmkahuna/library/Appleseed%20Project%20Rainbow%2025-26%20Feb%202017
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803

kmkahuna

Oh, and just for grins?
This is the link for the "Great Piru Mudbowl" of 2012!   This was the event where a Rifleman was born under the deluge of pop-up water crashing down on him in the middle of the course of fire..
Good times!   :F
http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/kmkahuna/Piru%20Mudbowl%202012/?start=0
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803