News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed Melrose FL Feb 25-26, 2017

Started by 9mm4545, February 26, 2017, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

What a great shoot! So much improvement from so many was most gratifying. I am sure that the other instructors will attest to the attitudes and abilities of this wonderful bunch of lady shooters. There might even be photos on the way. For now all I can say is wow, that was fun! Notable achievements include a new Riflewoman, the first adaptive shooter that I have had to shoot the score. Congratulations to Liesl! Hope your shoulder heals quickly and completely and gets you back to better than good. Thanks for stepping up and taking an orange hat. It can change your life; it did mine. Congratulations to Florida's newest shoot boss: heidiheidi. Nice job! It only gets better and better from here on. Thanks to everyone who came out to make this a wonderful weekend.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

Good times and lots of smiles. Congrats to Florida's newest shoot boss! Special thanks to Smoak for being the host with the most. Enjoy the few pictures I took below:
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Minutemom

Alright y'all, I just spent 20 minutes writing a reply to this post and attaching a bunch of pictures, only to have the system crash on me as it was trying to post  :wb:
In the true spirit of a rifleman, I will persist and try again...

And, hopefully third time's a charm, because it was a no go AGAIN!  I will attempt to post pictures in a separate post - maybe my files are too large!

Another great FL Ladyseed with a bunch of very special ladies!  I saw unbelievable improvement in each and every student on the line, probably because all came with incredibly teachable attitudes and a determination that would make our founders proud!  Mega congrats to Liesl for your very impressive rifleman's score, and THANK YOU for taking an orange hat - HUZZAH!!!  Welcome to the cadre!  Congratulations are also in order for our newest lady shoot boss, Heidi!!  You were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed working under you this weekend!  You are an inspiration to me!  Thank you to all the instructors for making this event a success, and especially our guys who made sure things ran smoothly behind the scenes.  And Smoak, what can I say - I love ya like a brother, thanks so much for cooking for us and to you and Christie for hosting us again!  Yours, and everyone's dedication speaks volumes!!  I hope I will see everyone on the line again soon!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

TheMenace

Huzzah! HeidiHeidi on your spiffy new Green Hat! From the comments and the pics it was an outstanding event.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Minutemom

Enjoy!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Guntuckian

Congrats, Heidi Heidi, on the new hat!

Congrats all on a great LadySeed!

-- gb
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Minutemom

Well this is ridiculous - it's only letting me post one picture at a time!

Minutemom

more

Minutemom

more

Minutemom

more

Minutemom

last one, promise!

JustKim

This is my forth attempt at posting - so hopefully this one goes well!  It was a GREAT event! THANK YOU Smoak and Christie for inviting us to your awesome range and into your home - it is very much appreciated!!!  I was so impressed with all of the shooters - they all made lots of progress as shown by their increasing scores!  ConGRATS to Heidiheidi on her beautiful new green hat - you did an awesome job!!  I thoroughly enjoyed working with all instructors and I have to say the applecores were amazing!!  Jean - thanks for keeping us hydrated!!  I look forward to seeing you all again!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

minnesotarabit

To those who do not know, one of the young ladies in the picts shooting the M-1 was one of those Minutemom talked to and convinced to come see what AS was about before she judged, as the lady was anti-gun. Should have seen her smiles after shooting GreenDragons cannon!

ALSO -  we would like to make up a board of some of the pictures from LadySeed to use at the Central Florida Gun and Rifle Club Ladies Day event April 8. Please let me know know anyone has any objections. To save all the forwarding issues, I am going to see if it will let me capture them from here and print them on my hi-res printer. We need to get the word out that we have qualified lady Shoot Bosses (congrats on the green, Heidiheidi!) and Minutemom, thanks for stepping up!) We really appreciate you all!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Liesl Liberty

Huzzah for HeidiHeidi, one heck of a woman who really knows how to make Lady Seeds fun! From her memorable and descriptive tip on magazine orientation to her encouragement of so many new shooters. Shout out to Rambo Granny who turned those new shooters into confident rifle women. I have a feeling they will be joining another Seed soon! Great job, HeidiHeidi. See attached photos.

rambo granny

Liesel, hope your orthopedic challenges are better. You have the heart of a lion!
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David