News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Training Opportunity- October 2017 in Georgia

Started by xsquidgator, February 23, 2017, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsquidgator

I'll put this up here since I know there are some FL Appleseeders interested in this ...
Max Velocity Tactical (MVT -> maxvelocitytactical.com) is a tactical training company based out of Romney, WV.  From conversations with FL Appleseeders, I know a number of you are familiar with Max through his book Contact! (now in its 2nd edition), and are interested in the type of training he offers.
Normally, you have to go up to West Virginia for classes, but Max also does remote classes around the country such as in Missouri, Idaho, and Texas.  He's doing his first remote class in Georgia this October, and there are still some spaces left in that class.
(Actually two classes, a three day one and an add-on two day one, details at https://www.maxvelocitytactical.com/tactical-training/tactical-classes/consultancy-private-training/georgia-2017/)

In addition to the interest that I know is out there for FL Appleseeders, I'm mentioning it because I know this is excellent training from personal experience - I've been up to Romney WV several times, and am signed up myself for the full five days in October for GA.  These classes are applied rifle training, but for what it's worth, every MVT class I've attended has had Appleseed instructors in it from across the country.  There will be other AS instructors (more than just me) signed up for this October MVT class, so you won't be all alone.  I'm the only FL one I know of, but I'd like to see that change and get some Florida Appleseeders into this, too.

Just wanted to put the word out there for those who might be interested.  This is a great opportunity to get MVT training hundreds of miles closer to home, without having to go all the way up to WV and back.  MVT runs great, professionally run classes (a lot of other Appleseeders see value in it and are repeat customers) - I hope we'll perhaps see some new FL faces up there in October!
PM me or email me wagneth -at- gmail -dot- com if you have questions or would like to kind of kick the tires on this.

brianf31

I'll second that. MVT offers excellent light infantry tactics training you simply cannot get anywhere else as a civilian. Highly recommended.
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

xsquidgator

Bump-
I just checked with Max and there is still a spot left for the 3-day CTT (Combat Team Tactics) class, and several spots for the follow-on DA (Direct Action) class.
Don't make me be the only Florida Appleseeder there, sign up if you're interested in this kind of stuff!