News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hunting in Alaska

Started by little buddy, February 14, 2017, 07:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

little buddy

I am coming up to Alaska from Ohio in the future for a caribou hunt I would appreciate any info or guidance. I am looking for a unguided hunt the guided hunts are out of my budget.

Thank you,

Little Buddy

hogfamily

I'm sure that some of our Appleseed hunters will answer your questions eventually. Not much activity on the Alaska AS forum this time of year so it may take awhile for some responses.

Meanwhile I would suggest that you sign up at the Alaska Outdoors Forum and ask your questions there.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/forum.php

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Tutt270

Little Buddy, Howdy...just a heads up, the caribou herds up here have been declining badly for the last few years.  As a Non-Resident you are limited as to where you can go unguided.  If its a fly-in/drop type hunt where you are only paying for transport it will still cost about $3-4 K.  If its a drive in hunt, you are even further limited.  Shoot me an e-mail at tutt270@msn.com and I can give you some options.
Tutt270