News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterseed?

Started by maxwell, February 02, 2017, 03:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

At last week's shoot in Eatonville, Flipper and I were joking about a PNW-specific patch for our soggy winter shoots as it started to rain. Apparently FL has an unofficial Infernoseed patch (per current posts), so maybe that's a possibility? Or a rocker to go with the RWVA oval? Whatever the case, I'm always impressed when I see shooters lying in a puddle of 40Ëš water to shoot an AQT; that's persistence (not to mention the risk of hypothermia, based on my backpacking experience)!

DevonErik

Since the InfernoSeed patch looks like this:

... red, with stylized flames on top....

... perhaps the FloodSeed patch should be blue, with stylized water dripping on the bottom.
1st Appleseed:            01/27/2017 - Eatonville, WA
Rifleman:                     02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
Cleared 1st Redcoat:  02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
1st KD:                        03/10/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR
KD Rifleman:                07/13/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."

maxwell

Quote from: DevonErik on February 15, 2017, 05:06:03 PM
... perhaps the FloodSeed patch should be blue, with stylized water dripping on the bottom.

That was basically what I was thinking, but the Winterseed patch is pretty similar: blue with icicles dripping off the bottom. It would be bad form to have something that looked almost identical to an official patch. Someone suggested a banana slug last weekend, but that might be too far…

DevonErik

Well, I'm not a graphic designer, but I think someone with some skills could come up with something visually distinct.

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."

Flipper

I like where this is going  ;D

Border-Run

you have the H2O problem on the coast but the other 7/8 of the northwest states (WA,OR,ID,MT) has snow from Nov 1 to March 15 (sometimes April 15 ) at most ranges. so it a Sea/Tac to Portland patch  I will get off my  :sb: now

maxwell

Quote from: Border-Run on February 24, 2017, 05:50:22 AM
you have the H2O problem on the coast but the other 7/8 of the northwest states (WA,OR,ID,MT) has snow from Nov 1 to March 15 (sometimes April 15 ) at most ranges. so it a Sea/Tac to Portland patch  I will get off my  :sb: now

Um, okay? Feel free to come on over and rinse that soap off at one of our shoots, when you're not busy handing out Winterseed patches. ;D

Mark Davis

If it rains so hard rifle cases float away does it qualify?
I propose Memorial day weekend,2012 Colombia Falls Mt.
And an epic rifleman boot camp at Douglas WY about 2010, where the soul who shot 210 only had to walk out in the shooting bay to get full immersion.
I searched for links to these shoots, but they must be too ancient to dredge up.

The Wolfhound

We had folks in a couple inches of water at one shoot in Charlottesville.  That was messy.  Worst rain though was at Montpelier.  The cardboard backers dissolved in about 90 minutes, we replaced them 4 times that day. The targets were not easy to work with.  Good news for the shooters, there at least, they were undercover.

DevonErik

After that last KD at "Lake Douglas", I'm starting to think this should be a "Mudseed" patch.