News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Miniseed" KD - CMP Marksmanship Park 1-26-17

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, January 30, 2017, 03:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

On short notice we planned a "miniseed" KD at the CMP Marksmanship Park in Talladega to get our brother instructor Chris "Big Country" Jones back out to the range after a 2.5 year layoff. Chris and family are missionaries in Slovenia and this was his first trip since leaving the US two and one half years ago. We invited any other instructors in the area who were able to come out on a week day. We were fortunate enough to have 5 of us on the line. Although not technically an "official" Appleseed event I wanted to share the results with the rest of the Appleseed community.

We got through 3 KD's at the most advanced shooting range in the country and all 3 shooters who were shooting for score got their KD rockers. All 3 qualified on the round where we shot stage 4 at 600 yards. HUZZAH! Big Country was the high shooter with a score of 47/50 using a borrowed rifle (belonging to Mrs. "Wreck") proving the fundamentals stick with you after you haven't shot in a while.

In addition to our 3 KD riflemen, two new and one requal, Maximum Ordinate and the Ol Wreck also got some trigger time in while we were there.

Congrats to Chris, John and Josh (aka Jeff  ;D ) for coming out and earning Appleseed's most coveted patch.
http://vid1121.photobucket.com/albums/l502/Ramblinwreck77/Appleseed%20Events/Mini%20KD%20Talladega%201-26-17/IMG_2423_zpswt2zo0pk.mp4

The next KD at Talladega is on April 15th, tax day, so plan on spending it with us at the range if you can.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Wreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Maximum Ordinate

Congratulations to all three KD Riflemen!!!   ^:)^
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

goodoldfriend

Congratulations to all. Sounds like a worthwhile investment of time.

So on the 26th you were at this event in balmy Alabama and by Saturday morning were basking in the 20 degree weather of northern Ohio?

Your service is appreciated!!!
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Hardbean

I took a day off work to make this happen.  I knew I would be in good company and success would follow.  The CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park is second to none.  I only wish I lived a little closer!!!  Congrats to all the shooters who qualified KD!  Way to go Chris who hasn't shot in over two years!!

I think there were two 47's, Wreck!   ;D

Leadslinger66

I too took a vacation day to attend. Hadn't been here in about a year. I had a blast  :snipersmi(pun intended). It was good to see Chris (good shootin' - huzzah). Thanks to Wreck and Rusty for their tips and instruction and for putting this together, and thanks to Josh/Jeff for taking pictures after my phone died!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Ramblin' Wreck

I stand corrected Hardbean. There were two 47's. That's what I get for relying on my fading memory. Way to go.

Wreck.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

goodoldfriend

That is awesome shooting! Well done. Maybe I can shoot as well some day when I grow up...
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016