Author Topic: S&W M&P15-22 Allowed yet?  (Read 418 times)

Offline m1agsr

S&W M&P15-22 Allowed yet?
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
Once upon a time the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 was allowed at appleseed then it wasn't because of some safty concerns. I haven't found anything saying it's back on the okay list.. does anyone KNOW if it's on the ok or bad list at THIS time?
Are you a rifleman, or a cook?

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
 /  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Offline NJrefugee

• Shoot Boss
  • When I say WHOA - I MEAN WHOA!
Re: S&W M&P15-22 Allowed yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
It is currently not permitted at AS events.  If/when that changes, I'm sure there will be an announcement.

Offline Mrs. Smith

• Instructor In Training 2
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »
The new website doesn't mention this restriction, nor does the EventBrite signup page, as far as I can find.
"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert A. Heinlein

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  - Jeff Cooper

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Offline little buddy

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 11:23:12 PM »
It is on the new website

Offline Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 05:26:11 PM »
Where, Little Buddy? I looked in several places and didn't find it,   :'(  Perhaps it should be in more than one spot? For instance, on the section about "how to prepare" there's a list of rifle-specific things. It mentions the 17hmr ban, but bupkus on the 15-22.  I would think that's a logical place to mention it.  I already spoke with Scuzzy and he's going to look into it.  Thanks!!
"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert A. Heinlein

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  - Jeff Cooper

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Offline scuzzy

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
Added to 'how to prepare'

http://appleseedinfo.org/how-to-prepare/

Also added to the order confirmation page which is displayed after registering on eventbrite:

http://appleseedinfo.org/confirmation/
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein.

They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards. - Chesty Puller.