Author Topic: Waco, TX AAR - January 18-19, 2020  (Read 62 times)

Online AF5US

• Shoot Boss
  • I don't need an inspirational quote. I need coffee
Waco, TX AAR - January 18-19, 2020
« on: Yesterday at 07:26:12 PM »
What a shoot!

Just on the first day we had multiple instructors re-qualify, one shooter and one instructor earned distinguished (Congrats TXRebel!), and one new riflewoman - that stepped up and volunteered as an instructor in training at Project Appleseed! Thanks so much Liz (forum username is pending), we're so thrilled to have you! Although they could only stay for the first day, the Waco crew was also honored and humbled to have helped another married couple with their first introduction to firearms.  They did fantastic.  :snipersmi

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!  ;D

THEN - on Sunday, our brave attendees stared down the icy weather - okay, well, a bit nippy for Texas.  Two orange hats both progressed in their training, and we had ANOTHER new rifleman at the ripe young age of 15 - congratulations! As the day wound down, we're so happy to offer a Blue Hat to Missy - a.k.a. - TXGiggles - thanks for stepping up and helping, and for all of the moral encouragement you've already given Chief950.  O0

Last, and certainly least, Ghostring and Scuzzy pulled a sneaky on the poor shoot boss (a.k.a., me).
"Hey Jason, err, AF5US - Are you a Designated Shoot Boss?"
"Nah."
"Well, now you are.  Get to work."  ~~:)

I'm humbled, and will of course continue to offer whatever support I can to such a fantastic program.  What a weekend!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:14:40 PM by AF5US »
Rifleman:      04/2016
KD Rifleman: 10/2018

Offline TxGiggles

Re: Waco, TX AAR - January 18-19, 2020
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:06:50 PM »
That’s TxGiggles not GxGiggles.

Online AF5US

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:15:01 PM »
That’s TxGiggles not GxGiggles.

Whoops! Typo, and corrected - thanks!

Offline PaleRider

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:00:30 PM »
Hey Jason!
Welcome to the dSB club! That's how that happened to me! SURPRISE! LOL! Congrats, and great shoot! Hopefully I can give Chris a red hat when he's here next month!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Offline Mrs. Smith

• NM State Coordinator
  • Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:04:20 PM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:beer:

Nuff said  :cool2:
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19

Online AF5US

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:28:12 PM »
Ah, shucks - thanks team!

Offline paul.rome

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Only hits count!
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:53:07 PM »
Congrats Jason,

You ran a great shoot!

Paul

Offline Tennessee Beast

• RWVA Instructor
  • Riflemen Persist!
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:26:10 AM »
Congratulations, Jason.    :beer:
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

Online Mercedes

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:00:30 PM »
GREAT shoot, Jason!  Isn't it wonderful to work with a smaller group of shooters and really be able to provide the 1-on-1 attention that elevates them to the next level? 

Congratulations on your promo as well.