News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Flyers for 2017

Started by 308LIBERTY, January 06, 2017, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

Here is where I will upload new flyers for 2017 for the state of Florida. First up, the FL state flyer, with Ft Lauderdale added. Just a note, the flyer currently does not contain locations for private events or any shoots not currently on the schedule. Please let me know if you schedule a shoot at a gun club, that's not currently included, and I will add it.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

Black and white version of the FL state flyer.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

By special request (Yes, I do take requests), here is the 2017 flyer for Port Malabar.

308LIBERTY

This is the "Ladyseed" flyer for 2017.

Just FYI, (and I may take some flak for this) I've decided to personally boycott the term "Ladyseed", "Appleseed Pistol Clinic" or other "seeds" for a number of reasons. The number one reason being, Project Appleseed should always be referred to as Project Appleseed, regardless if we are shooting rifles, pistols, shotguns ,or pea shooters, and regardless of who is doing the shooting. It's our name, our own personal heritage, our brand, and I think it's important to use it in reference to anything related to Project Appleseedâ,,¢ . Moving forward, in 2017, I think we should do whatever we can to expand our brand of Liberty, by using the name as often and in as many places as possible. Just my opinion, but I hope it makes logical sense to the rest of you.

MK

Great flyers! Should Ben perfect for any ginstore and range.

I personally still like the Appleseed_US_trifold_Black best, since it gives more info, especially also the family friendly atmosphere. I'll print it out on some thicker paper, fold it and distribute it to all mailboxes in my neighborhoods as fast as I can... :)  There are plenty people out there who don't go to a range frequently, but still have the spirit, but don't know who to connect to...

308LIBERTY

I typically put these next to the Tri-folds and my business cards. I don't use the state flyers much, but they were requested for people who don't live nearest one of the primary ranges. Last year I had a flyer for each range with maps, directions, and dates. More will be forthcoming, as I have time to update them. I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm for distributing these, but I would not put them into mailboxes. It's against the law. Not that I disagree with a little civil disobedience, once in awhile, but they could fine us as a whole, up to 10,000 dollars.

Thanks for taking the time to distribute them in any and every legal means possible though.  O0

Quote from: MK on January 07, 2017, 01:17:55 AM
Great flyers! Should Ben perfect for any ginstore and range.

I personally still like the Appleseed_US_trifold_Black best, since it gives more info, especially also the family friendly atmosphere. I'll print it out on some thicker paper, fold it and distribute it to all mailboxes in my neighborhoods as fast as I can... :)  There are plenty people out there who don't go to a range frequently, but still have the spirit, but don't know who to connect to...

Minutemom

Thank you Three'oEight!  They look great!  I will be printing out and distributing the Ladyseed flyers!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

MK

Thank you 308! Wasn't aware that "my" mailbox was being regulated :(
I found the following on the USPS website: "The Postmaster noted an exception to the general rule: newspapers can be placed in mailboxes only on Sunday; a non-delivery day for the Postal Service".

Do you think I could carry the flyers out on Sunday instead?

Alternatively: I'll ring at the doorbells of where there is the US flag flying in the front and introduce myself with the flyer...

Best regards!

308LIBERTY

I've seen people place stuff mailboxes before, but not in.

I was suspicious of people stealing my mail, for awhile, and anyone even touching my mailbox might receive a shout out, through the front window. Yeah, I'm getting old enough to start yelling at kids to get off my lawn. Maybe I should apply for my rocking chair now and get it over with.

Quote from: MK on January 09, 2017, 03:10:11 AM
Thank you 308! Wasn't aware that "my" mailbox was being regulated :(
I found the following on the USPS website: "The Postmaster noted an exception to the general rule: newspapers can be placed in mailboxes only on Sunday; a non-delivery day for the Postal Service".

Do you think I could carry the flyers out on Sunday instead?

Alternatively: I'll ring at the doorbells of where there is the US flag flying in the front and introduce myself with the flyer...

Best regards!

TheMenace

Hi Dwight,
As always a great job. Thank you for all you do!
Ok, I'm kind of literal. I saw the link on the bottom "For more info, go to http://myfloridalegal.com" thinking it would take me to more info about the Ladyseed. Not so much. Maybe change to: "For more info about FL gunlaws, go to http://myfloridalegal.com" to protect boneheads like me from ourselves.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

308LIBERTY

I made the requested change, updated the file above and here's the new one, just in case it gets missed there.

Quote from: TheMenace on January 12, 2017, 10:51:10 AM
Hi Dwight,
As always a great job. Thank you for all you do!
Ok, I'm kind of literal. I saw the link on the bottom "For more info, go to http://myfloridalegal.com" thinking it would take me to more info about the Ladyseed. Not so much. Maybe change to: "For more info about FL gunlaws, go to http://myfloridalegal.com" to protect boneheads like me from ourselves.

TheMenace

Thanks Dwight,
That's perfect!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

minnesotarabit

Thanks Three o' Eight - appreciate the flyer. Do we need to request alterations from you, or is there a file we can get into if we get a A/LS scheduled.

Also noted the picture has Martha McCauley as Molly Pitcher. Know there is disagreement about who was "real" one, but the story we tell is of Martha Ludwig Hayes. Just thought I would mention.

Appreciate the help and dually noted on the AS preference you have.
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

308LIBERTY

I had started making a flyer template in MS Word. (I usually do them in Adobe Illustrator, which not everyone has) Just let me know what you need and/or pm me so we can exchange email and work out the details.

Quote from: minnesotarabit on March 14, 2017, 12:42:07 PM
Thanks Three o' Eight - appreciate the flyer. Do we need to request alterations from you, or is there a file we can get into if we get a A/LS scheduled.

Also noted the picture has Martha McCauley as Molly Pitcher. Know there is disagreement about who was "real" one, but the story we tell is of Martha Ludwig Hayes. Just thought I would mention.

Appreciate the help and dually noted on the AS preference you have.

308LIBERTY

Myakka-Manatee flyer below:

I've been doing some re-formatting of the flyer. Since most of us are probably only printing and distributing these in black and white, I'm only going to provide color flyers for those who request them. I'm also planning to start using a version of the FL state flyer, for my own shoots, in order to get more bang for my buck and to help spread the word about ALL of our Florida shoots. It has been cleaned up, busy images removed, and I added some info about KD shoots too. I'm still more than happy to make range specific flyers, with maps and directions, upon request.

cadman

Did you ever try having just the Isac Davis watermark (like you had on the color flyer) on the black and white?

I really appreciate the work you have put into this and wanted to say THANK YOU!

308LIBERTY

I'm always trying different things with these. Sometimes it starts to look busy and sometimes it's tough to get ID's face in a place that doesn't look weird. LOL. When I have a million other project in que, I just try to keep it simple and make it work. Thanks!

Quote from: cadman on April 22, 2017, 03:09:33 PM
Did you ever try having just the Isac Davis watermark (like you had on the color flyer) on the black and white?

I really appreciate the work you have put into this and wanted to say THANK YOU!

rscottb

Printer a few 8.5 x 11 of .308's flyers.  So far, left 8 @ the Cecil Webb Ranges, the pistol range board, shotgun range board, 50/100 yard range board and the 100/200 yard range board and the rest at the office.  I will distribute more over time. Manatee Gun Club is already posted.
More about the ranges:
http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/cecil-m-webb/

Next up, my favorite gun shop/indoor range.
:sb: O0

308LIBERTY

Coincidentally, I was just looking at that website earlier today, trying to see if we could find an Appleseed range down in the Ft Myers/Naples area. Does this seem like a range that could host Appleseed or do you know of any others in the vicinity that could handle at least 12 shooters for the weekend?

Quote from: . . on May 11, 2017, 09:34:59 PM
Printer a few 8.5 x 11 of .308's flyers.  So far, left 8 @ the Cecil Webb Ranges, the pistol range board, shotgun range board, 50/100 yard range board and the 100/200 yard range board and the rest at the office.  I will distribute more over time. Manatee Gun Club is already posted.
More about the ranges:
http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/cecil-m-webb/

Next up, my favorite gun shop/indoor range.
:sb: O0

rscottb

Its on state land and state run.  It's open 7:30 every day until 5pm expect two until 10 for cleaning.  I doubt it, but I will ask the staff.

308LIBERTY

Check out Florida's latest Project Appleseed range! Saltwaters Shooting Club near St. Augustine. I also updated the flyer layout a little.

308LIBERTY

By request, a new flyer for a Ladies Only event this November.

rambo granny

THANKS again Dwight.
Please everyone print a few and start getting them out to fill that line for November in Orlando
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

TheMenace

PMRPC in Palm Bay has a new ladies group. Presently they are shooting pistols but have expressed some interest in rifles, too. I shared the flyer with their leader. We help with rifle familiarization soon that could lead to participants for the Ladyseed. I have also shared the flyer with our friends at the local A Girl & A Gun chapters. A couple of the Orange/Blue hats in Central Florida are AG&AG participants so we could be hitting them from several angles.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

minnesotarabit

Flyer for November looks great, thanks for all your hard work. I am crawling out of the rabit hole and will be home in a couple days from rehab #3. Since I can not drive for 5 weeks I will have some time to get some releases and things sent out :).

Appreciate all you do for all of us!

I hear Lady Liberty, and she is sobbing...

minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787