News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA RSO Class

Started by 2 clicks low, December 27, 2016, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

I am hoping to hold an NRA RSO class at the Michigan City Rifle Club May 28, 2017. Class will run from 9 to 6. Cost will be $21 manual cost & any charge from the club for the use of the room. Bring your lunch or we'll call out for a pizza. Class is open to USRA, RWVA, BSA, 4H, GSA and anyother Non Profit.

The fee DOES NOT include the registration fees paid directly to the NRA.

Please respond here if you would be interested.

Thanks

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

olefido

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

2 clicks low

Thanks for the catch.
You coming?

Headspace

Is RSO required, or just nice to have?

Rev.357

A NRA Range Safety Officer patch is not required for Appleseed. Some ranges like for members to have them to run their range as it offers credibility and demonstrates due care. RSO courses vary by instructor. The goal of the course is to prepare the RSO for whatever may happen on a line. What to do in the event of a firearm malfunction. What to do in the event of an ammunition malfunction. How to clear a bolt, semiautomatic, pump, falling block, lever action or whatever kind of firearm that could appear on your line. Appleseed instructor training does a good job with these concerns, but another look from another source is always a good thing.

After RSO training, I had four different kinds of malfunctions on an Appleseed line. I was able to hit the mat, clear the problem and return the rifles in seconds. Shooters looked up in amazement. I never got around to mentioning that I learned and practiced this stuff the week before.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

2 clicks low

This is NOT an Appleseed rating. You get Appleseed RSO with your Red Hat.
This is for anyone who might need NRA RSO for range access, teach boy scouts, run 4H competitions...
Not everyone accepts RWVA credentials YET.
2cl

Headspace