Author Topic: Doing good  (Read 661 times)

Offline PHenry

• Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
Doing good
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »
I was thinking last evening (Stop laughing – it could happen). The following occurred to me:

Strive to endear yourself to good people and you will find yourself doing good.

In my time with Project Appleseeds, I have met and worked with some of the finest humans I have met to date. I have, over time, come to find myself interested in earning their respect over that of many others I meet daily, as they have long ago earned my respect. Surround yourself with people you respect and earn their respect. You will become someone you respect.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Offline Minutemom

• Shoot Boss
  • Raising up the next generation of Patriots
Re: Doing good
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:33:47 PM »
Hear hear!  Totally agree.  You are one who definitely has MY respect sir.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923, 926

Offline ITB

• AOC Member
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Not on my watch
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 06:08:14 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly.

And as my mentor once said, "The more time you spend with Appleseeders, the more you ONLY want to spend time with Appleseeders."
"There's something about being at a shooting range that makes me want to take my clothes off. " - P
"You had me at 'Posterity.' " - ST1 & D.O.M.
"ITB!  Wake up, it's time to make the Riflemen!" - S.H.
" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz
KD requal - 46/50 - Dorr, MI 10/16/21

Offline PHenry

• Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
"The more time you spend with Appleseeders, the more you ONLY want to spend time with Appleseeders."

Agreed. Renews my soul every time I get to spend time with Appleseeders.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata