News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How can YOU help Oregon Grow?

Started by AmbulanceDriver, December 24, 2008, 12:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbulanceDriver

As the title says, we need everyone's help to have Appleseed grow.  This is a grassroots organization, and as such, relies on its members for just about everything.  We as instructors could show up at a range and talk about safety, the 6 steps to firing the shot, NPOA, and history until we're blue in the face, but if there's not anyone there to listen, it's not gonna do a darn bit of good. 

So how can YOU help Oregon?

1)  Come to an Appleseed event.  We're gonna be working fast and furious to get shoots lined up for 2009.  We know that right now that calendar is looking AWFUL bare, but that will be changing in the next few weeks.

But in order for us to have events to put on the calender, we need you to.......

2)  Help us find ranges to host Appleseed events.  The Appleseed Project is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization.  What does that have to do with anything?  While the IRS won't let a range donate the use of their property for a tax deduction, other organizations/people/entities CAN make tax deductible monetary contributions to Appleseed to help cover range costs where applicable.  Appleseed really tries to keep the costs down for these events, so if we need to charge a range fee for an event (in addition to the event fee) it's only to cover the costs of renting a range.  Even better, if you happen to have some property where we can build a range, all the better!  To those that made it to the Castle Rock events, that range was purpose-built for Appleseed.  It doesn't have to be pretty folks, it just has to be safe!

3)  INVITE SOMEONE TO COME WITH YOU!  That right there is the single biggest step to helping promote the Appleseed Project.  Whether it's a friend, co-worker, neighbor, or relative, bring someone with you!  Not only will it help promote Appleseed, but that's one more person who will hopefully walk away a better shooter, and a better American after learning just a taste of the history surrounding the birth of our nation.  Plus it's just a lot more fun if you've got someone there that you already know!

So those are just three things that everyone can do to help Appleseed grow in Oregon.  If you have any questions, or think you know somewhere that we might be able to host an Appleseed, feel free to send a message to either RL or myself. 

RL

I have the East side. There will be an Appleseed on April 19th weekend at my DAR in Christmas Valley. Let's do it!
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

Wheeler44

RL,   Make sure that you get the shoot listed on the schedule ASAP so that shooters can decide which of the shoots here in the PNW that they will attend..  Also that the great Instructor Corps. here can get signed up...   

Good job you two.

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

AmbulanceDriver

Well folks, it appears that due to circumstances beyond his control, RL will not be able to build the DAR at the property in Eastern Oregon. 

That doesn't mean that we don't want to have a shoot that weekend in Eastern Oregon!

So we need ideas folks.  Ranges, property we can safely[/i] shoot at, etc.  Post 'em up here, we can get in contact with folks, and get a shoot set up for you on the east side....