News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

So how is Oregon going to work?

Started by AmbulanceDriver, December 24, 2008, 12:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbulanceDriver

Well folks, As you may or may not have heard, Oregon is gonna get two, count em', TWO, State Coordinators.  Myself and RL have volunteered to step up here, so here we are.  In addition, we also have a new Ambassador, New York, who I'm sure will be a huge help to Oregon Appleseed!

We haven't completely finished hammering out the details yet, but basically RL will be responsible for East of the Cascades, and I will be responsible for West of the Cascades. 

Now, does this mean that if you live in Portland, you can't go out for a shoot in Bend?  OF COURSE NOT!

And if you live in Bend, you can come to a shoot in Eugene. 

As a matter of fact, we encourage you to go to as many Appleseed Shoots as you can.  First to get your RIFLEMAN patch, and then to come back and help others earn their patch and learn about our Heritage as Instructors!

Keep an eye on this forum in the next few weeks folks.  Expect to see things start to happen soon after the New Year.

AmbulanceDriver

Well, due to circumstances beyond his control, RL is no longer going to be able to be a State Coordinator for Oregon. 

I'll be checking in with people over on the east side of the state, we've got a couple possible options for shoots that direction, but as of now we don't have a DAR for Eastern Oregon...

I want us to be able to have Appleseeds all over the state, not just in the Willamette Valley.  Sadly, I don't have the contacts over on that side of the Cascades right now to get things rolling quite yet, but don't worry, we won't forget about you on the other side of the mountains.  If nothing else, it'll give the Mrs. and I a chance to explore a lot of this beautiful State that we haven't had a chance to yet.   :)