News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

November 5 Lincoln Shoot

Started by kilroy_mcfly, November 06, 2016, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilroy_mcfly

This is Greg from the Lincoln Shoot. Thank you Melissa, Eric, Toby, and Mike; I really enjoyed the shoot yesterday.

Instruction was presented in a clear manner, you were all cheerful, enthusiastic, and friendly. I believe those are some of the most important things as far as 'spreading the gospel' is concerned, once again thank you and keep it up. I'd like to echo Mitch's compliments on Eric's work yesterday. It's obvious he'd prepared very thoroughly and I greatly appreciate that. Another special thanks to Toby for sharing his Garand, I really liked the chance to feel it doing business in my hands.

I'm just getting back into marksmanship after a long hiatus and a big change in my overall physical health. I'm feeling pretty excited about getting back into the swing of things. I'm interested in helping out, so feel free to give me a shout if you have some needs. Naturally, achieving Rifleman status is a high priority, but I think there are likely some things I could do that would be helpful.

I'm a history buff as it sounds like many of you are. Also, I like to tinker with gear and prep. I'll probably make a 'lessons learned' post pretty soon as well.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Mike Nollett

Thanks Greg! We appreciate your enthusiasm. We can always use more help here in Nebraska.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

SisaLee81

Greg, I will be sending you a private message regarding ways to help out.  We really appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed the day!!

goodoldfriend

Quote from: kilroy_mcfly on November 06, 2016, 01:31:38 PM
I'll probably make a 'lessons learned' post pretty soon as well.

I like what you posted. It may be that our situations are somewhat similar. I am looking forward to reading more from you and glad to hear you are going to help Project Appleseed.

It took a while for me to reach the goal of Rifleman but it was worth it. I too plan on helping the cause in my area next year.

Enjoy your journey.
Best regards,
Goodoldfriend
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016