News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anybody out there?

Started by AbenakiSogomo, December 22, 2008, 06:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbenakiSogomo

I'm new... just signed up here in Vermont.  Wondering how many like-minded folks are out there.  Eager to meet other folks and participate in events.

Livin' free or dyin'...

scuzzy

Howdy from Texas. Glad to have another American on board. Hope we can both learn to shoot and even more importantly learn to be a better citizen.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AbenakiSogomo

Thanks for the greeting from Texas.  Much appreciated.  Alex Jones lives in Texas.  What's the word on him down there?  I've been visiting his site on occasion.  Not sure what to think... but I'm curious to know what others think.  I've been shooting since I was a little boy and I'd like to learn more.  I grew up in the same Abenaki community that I now serve.  My son is becoming a little warrior and I'd like to find some social events and groups so that he doesn't think I'm the only one who believes in freedom and readiness.

Livin' free or dyin'...

Francis Marion

Welcome here.  Have you been to a shoot yet?  Take a look out for your next Vermont Appleseed shoot, for yourself and your family. 
Kids shoot for free, so do ladies, soldiers, and elected officials.
Attend the shoot- you'll see Liberty in a new light, I think.  Not to mention sharpen your rifle skill.  You'll even be able to teach your friends what you learn. 
See the 2009 schedule for upcoming events.  If you don't see a shoot right away, new shoots are added all year long; check back.
AS is family and youth friendly. 

GMB74

Welcome Aboard!
We are working on our 2009 schedule. So far we have one shoot per month set up from April-Sept. at either Proctor Fish & Game Club (Proctor) or Hale Mountain F&G Club (Bennington). We expect to nail down some other dates and new venues, so watch the schedule for announcements. See you at Appleseed this spring! (Possibly sooner if we can arrange it)

scuzzy

Alex Jones lives in Texas.  What's the word on him down there?

Well, there's more than a few of us that listen to him here in my neighborhood. I know some people think he is just a conspiracy nut, but looking around at what is going on in this country, well hell, I think he is correct in most of his rants. Ain't that a scary thought!

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AbenakiSogomo

I've always considered myself to be "awake" but I'll admit, until recently, I didn't do much research.  But lately I've emersed myself in every possible point of view in regards to Alex's concerns.  I do my own research now but his facts are dead on every time.  Now I'm starting to pay a little more regard to Charlie Sheen... hehe... what is this world coming to?.. and when did I start liking Ron Paul?  I don't know if I've had a revalation or an identity crisis.  John Wayne must be rolling in his grave.  Who are the good guys?!

Nickle

Welcome aboard.

Fellow Vermonter here, and looking forward to meeting you this spring.

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

ripersnifle

Welcome.
What part of the NEK are you from?
Plenty of events up here this year.
See you soon.

sk
Proctor 408