News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IN 2009 schedule!

Started by hawkhavn, December 21, 2008, 01:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

All,

Thanks for working with your local clubs to get Appleseeds scheduled.  Due to a lot of work this is where we are at right now.  I will update this thread as additional shoots are scheduled/confirmed.  Some of these are not nailed down yet, but we're close. There will be at least one Hoosier shoot every month from March through November with the exception of August and four April 19th shoots!  If you have more ranges/dates in mind, shout out now and let us get them on the schedule.  We have 11 so far, 20 would be great.  The only doubled up weekend right now is April 18-19, we easily have enough instructors to do that.

Our first Indy 1500 is in 3 weeks, who can make it down for a day?  Expect this to be a VERY
heavily attended show right before the inaugaration. We'll need a full crew.

Redbrush Rifle Range (Evansville)
March 21-22
April 18-19
June 13-14
September 19-20
October 17-18

Riley Conservation Club (Terre Haute)
April 25-26
July 25-26
November 28-29

Wabash
April 18-19
October 17 - 18

Cloverdale Conservation Club - (.22 Only)
Full 2-day Appleseeds
April 18-19
June 27-28
September 26-27

Saturday mini-appleseeds
May 30
Jul 18
Aug 15
Sept 12
Oct 17
Nov 14
Dec 19

Auburn Conservation Club
May 16-17
November 21-22

Lafayette
April 18-19
June 20-21 (.22 Only)

Now up to 16 shoots! (as of 7/18/09)

Indy 1500 shows
JAN 9-11
March 20-22
May 29-31
August 28-30
October 23-25
[attachment=1][attachment=1]
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Fred

Ok, guys, you heard the man: "We have 11 so far, 20 would be great."

Hawk is just trying to be nice about it.

Are you guys going to let CA beat you this year?

Gonna lay down and let California ride roughshod over you?

Economic times are bad; sign on to our concept of "Full Employment for Appleseed Instructors"!

Let's not let them (you) lay around, weekend after weekend, slowly slipping back into apathy - because can laziness be far behind?

Let's work on maxing AS at existing locations, and line up some DARs and private land for AS.

Heck, I bet by April 19, we'll have 30 on the Indiana schedule for 2009 - but only if you make it so.

There's a time monkey on our collective backs; the ship is sinking...

Who's on-board for this project?

[I'm cutting you guys some slack - I didn't say "40" AS - if I were you guys, I'd be insulted that anyone would cut me any slack, when it comes to this program. We can save the country this year - or next. Which would you want to see? Can anyone find a backbone and say "50"? You can do it - but you have to set it as a goal - as a New Year's Resolution - one that you plan and intend to keep. Let's see Hawk, posting on here this time next year, saying, "I can't believe it - what happened? We hit nearly 60 Appleseeds this year! And beat California!" :)]
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

slim

I've been waiting for this for quite some time!

Only a few "conflicts of interest" with my Buckeye State schedule, but I should be able to make most of these events as well.

See you guys soon!