News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Maumee valley gun collectors opportunity for appleseed

Started by little buddy, September 10, 2016, 06:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

little buddy

Here in Maumee Ohio we have an opportunity for renting a table at each show. I can do the work to find two sponsors to get us in the door. I just need to know if we have the support for this. Charly and I can staff the table Saturdays but Sundays we have church so we will need someone to staff it for a couple of hours. The location is directly in front of our house at the Lucas County rec center. Charley and I will pay the cost to rent a table or two. The website is mvgca.com there is about five shows per a year. The hours are 8:30-4:00 Saturday 8:30-3:00 Sunday

Little Buddy

little buddy

Ok, we have the sponsors to be able to have a table. We need some Ideas for a set up and volunteers to help with manning the table. We have brochures and targets and maps with a stand that we can hang up. Any other ideas for things for the table? It may be a possibility to have a computer screen running with still pics or possibly a video running (not 100% on that though).

The first date is November 12-13 2016. We appreciate any support we can get, thanks in advance.

2017 Dates
Jan...14 - 15
Mar..18 - 19
May 13 - 14
Sep…16 - 17
Nov…11 - 12

little buddy

little buddy

I have not received  any responses on the forum come on Ohio we would appreciate some support Idea's what to have on the table I have one other instructor that can help out would be great if we had more help.

little buddy

Mutant Texan

I ran into Little Buddy today in Maumee.  I am sorry that I got your name wrong.  It sounds like his table received a lot more attention than he anticipated.

I did notice that the show was very slow compared to other shows.  I went to the November 2008 show just after the election and it was packed. 

I left with a wallet full of money because very few things peaked my interest.  I found a nice Walnut stock for a 1903 for $20.  The guy selling it had inherited a large number of stocks from his dad and had no idea what they went to or what the materials were.  I am not so good with identifying types of wood but I can pick out a Walnut stock from a mile away.  The smell and feel are unmistakable.  I was planning on making a "trainer" for doing the rifle man yoga by putting a simple trigger and PVC pipe on it.  With enough practice, I am hoping that the positions will become 2nd nature and cause no discomfort.  After seeing what the price of a 1903 Walnut stock goes for online, I am reconsidering this plan.

I also found an old Simmons 2x32 shotgun scope for my scout rifle.  The 5.5" eye relief and 31.5' field of view at 100 yards should make for a good setup.  I want to try this setup at a KD session.  Since this is a shotgun scope, I will have to experiment with it for longer ranges.  I am thinking that it will work well and be a simple and reliable solution for a scout setup.
"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

little buddy

Yes a lot more people interested than I was ready for I ran out of 2017 schedules for Liberty Center. A big thank you to cadence for printing off some Winterseed info to hand out if he didn't do that than all I would be able to hand out is Brochures. I also ran out of Appleseed playing card's, stickers and Appleseed can Koozies. I also ran out of The Patriot's Essential Liberty Pocket Guide. I also had one gentlemen come over from the Adam's conservation club in Holland Ohio he is a board member he would like to have an Appleseed event at the club in 2017.

Little Buddy 

little buddy

Sunday was slow as expected I talked to several people four were interested in attending an Appleseed. cadence talked to some scout leaders that were interested In attending an event I will let him tell all of us about that. We were successful spreading the word about Project Appleseed. We did learn a lot about bringing more flyers and we will pay the extra money for two tables instead of one. overall this was a huge success. The next Gun Show is January 14-15 2017

Little Buddy

Cadence

As Little Buddy stated, Sunday was a little slow but worthwhile none the less. Talked to an older gentleman who could trace his lineage to 6 relatives who participated in the Revolutionary War. Also to 2 Boy Scout leaders from the area who expressed an interest in Appleseed, one for the shooting and the other for a possible Libertyseed. Took their names and contact information to follow up. Several others expressed interest and I handed them a Redcoat target with the explanation to put three shoots in each silhouette.

Thanks to Little Buddy and Charley for joining the MVGCA and arranging for a table.  O0

P.S. This is how I found out about the Appleseed program. Posterboy had a table at one of the MVGCA shows in the Spring of 2010 and I took a brochure; and the rest as they say, is history.  :)
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams