News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Balistics Calculator for Android?

Started by baddarryl, August 25, 2016, 06:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sluggo

That is a great post notagoodshot  :)- Good job Nightfisher!
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt

baddarryl

Quote from: notagoodshot on August 31, 2016, 02:44:03 PM
Nightfisher's son here.

I had a BB gun in my hands as far back as I can remember, and last year my Dad built me an amazing rifle.  I told him earlier that 2 years ago I was amazed when I went to the range with some work buddies that I could hit a 10" plate at 100 yards, using an AR-15, with scope and front rest.

This weekend I got my long distance rocker on irons.

It's been a really great experience going to our first appleseed together (both of our first times), then the first KD together (neither of us qualified), and now on our 2nd KD, I got my rocker.

Thanks Nightfisher for introducing me to all this, and thank all the volunteers that come together to make this happen.

Good stull Will. I mentioned you your dad were a nice kid too. Hope to shoot with you guys again.

Pelon

The long range place someone was asking about is Bang Steel in VA.  They are right on I-77 in VA just above I-81.  You can find them at bangsteel.com.  Dan is a great guy and has a world of knowledge.  Sign up early as he only has 4-6 shooters a weekend and be sure to tell him you are an Appleseeder.  You will be shooting out to 1400 yards by your second day.  He will help you make your DOPE card for your rifle and if your rifle has a 20moa or better riser on your mount then there is a good chance you can shoot the mile shot.

Hope to see all y'all soon!
Pelon

Pelon

M.O., Ben or whoever was at dinner that Saturday night...

What was the lube you were using for resizing your cases???

Pelon

Maximum Ordinate

I use One Shot, as I got a deal on a bunch of cans.  I reuse the same heavy ziplock bag over and over.

I think Wreck uses a Lanolin and ISO-Heet mix.  I plan on switching to it when I run out of the Hornady stuff.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

NightFisher

This is what I use....

https://www.amazon.com/Now-Solutions-Lanolin-Pure-Ounce/dp/B000I1OYNK

I just dip every 5th case neck in the stuff and rub it down the case with my fingers as I put put it in the press.  Enough stays on my fingers to rub down the next 4 cases.

sluggo

I use lanolin for my Ed's Red lube, (I use imperial wax for reloading)
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt

Pelon