News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interested in being a instructor

Started by daniel17319, August 19, 2016, 09:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel17319

I want to be a instructor like the title says, i have been to 3 appleseeds including a long range shoot. Recently I have gotten more interested in being a instructor and hosting a event were I'm at. I just started competing in CMP high-power matches. I need some help tho I'm not a natural shooter.

My problem I don't generally like to do things on saturdays because I'm a sabbath keeper but make a exceptions occasionally in accordance with the Torah. So i can do some training on sabbaths if its really necessary. I would like to do appleseeds in times like around the pagan time of thanksgiving when people are off etc.

Haha thanks guys, for setting me straight. Hopefully i can attend a appleseed pretty soon PREFERABLY help host one here in Tucumcari NM. If you guys do decide to do one here i would help with what i can as far as set up, in return i would greatly appreciate someone working with me a day prior on shooting positions so i can hurry up and qualify. Yes I'm dry firing here at home.

308LIBERTY

Daniel, if nobody local gets with you, send me a message, and I'll be happy to share some material with you.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Weezer

Hi Daniel,

You're always welcome to border raid here in Texas, even if it's only on Sundays.    If you'd like, you can come for the Sunday portion, shoot some AQTs and get a chance to chat with the instructors to get a better idea of how we put on events.      Of course, the events we have remaining this year are a bit further away than Raton or Roswell, but the offer is on the table.   O0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Rev.357

Daniel! Stand your ground. Appleseed is about those who chose to execute the behavior demand by thier faith, when it would have been easier to go with the flow.

Have you started on the Paul Revere book? How are your AQT scores coming?
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

Guntuckian

Nothing wrong with only doing Sundays.  There are also some Appleseeds during the week, too, on occasion.  Follow the dictates that your faith requires.  You will find many like-minded folks in Appleseed who follow their faith.

Hope to meet you on the Appleseed trail!

(BTW, I already have met Wheezer and Rev.357 and Three'oEight  on the Appleseed trail!  Good folks abound in Appleseed!)

-- gb
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

MrFixit

Hey Daniel,

Kudos on stepping up and expressing interest in becoming an instructor!   And welcome, from a fellow instructor, and Sabbath keeper myself... 

I know your dilemma, as to whether or not to Appleseed on the Sabbath, and for me anyway, it comes under the cover of "doing good", and blessing others.   As I'm sure you know, Yeshua told His disciples that "it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath day", and that "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath".     I still wouldn't do it if it was something I was getting paid for, but as it's an all volunteer organization anyway, I don't have to worry about that...  ;)

Keep up the good work, and Shalom!

Andrew B.