News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stepping down

Started by DrJohn, August 17, 2016, 02:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

The last few years have been some of the most satisfying and meaningful of my life, but I have decided to step down as Assistant State Coordinator for Georgia, effective January 1  of the coming year. It has been a privilege and an honor to have gotten to know so many stalwart Patriots and to have helped shape the Appleseed program in Georgia, but I feel it is time for me to cede the position. As for who will take over the job, Georgia is blessed with a deep stable of very capable people, any one of whom could do an outstanding job. And I stand ready to help make the transition as seamless as possible. I will continue to be involved in Appleseed of course. And I cherish the memories we have shared. Thank you all for the support, the help, and the inspiration. And may Liberty increase forever!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

Guardian

Job well done, Sir! Thanks for all you've done and I look forward to working more events with you.

Maximum Ordinate

John, thank you for all your sacrifices.  Your tireless investment in the cause of Liberty won't soon be forgotten in Georgia! 

I hope to work with you again soon!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

PHenry

While DrJohn will surely bristle at the notion, there can be no discussion of GA's success without his name being mentioned. This is not my opinion, but simply hard fact.

Another hard fact is that GA will very soon be in need of someone to fill his rather large shoes. While this job is best suited to someone retired with a decent income, I have seen it done well by people who work too much and have not two nickles to rub together. So who among the GA cadre will step up? Let us not wait until the twelfth hour to resolve this important matter.

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

BeSwift

THank YOU for all you've done  :bow: :bow: :bow: O0 O0 O0...    B
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

scuzzy

Thank you brother for all the hard work you've put into Appleseed.

In Liberty,
scuzzy
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Engineer shooting

DrJohn the Sensei of Liberty,

Well done, good and faithful servant!  :bow:

May Liberty increase forever!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Eroyle

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

martin

Thanks for all that you've done.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Guntuckian

Thanks for your service, DrJohn!
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Roswell

I've started to reply to this thread a half a dozen times with something appropriate to thank John for all he has done. The fact is, there is nothing I can say that would display the depth of my gratitude or the selflessness of his actions.  So to John, my mentor, my friend and my brother I just say thank you and Cheers to you sir. Hope to see you soon and share an adult beverage with you in celebration for all you've done.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Ramblin' Wreck

Well done brother and thank you.

Ben
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

TaosGlock

Thanks for your dedication to liberty and Project Appleseed. :bow:
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose