News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tennessee Department of Safety Implements De Facto Gun Registration Scheme

Started by AlphaCharlieEcho, December 18, 2008, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlphaCharlieEcho

Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) Implements
De Facto Gun Registration Scheme!
Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

The Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) is currently sending letters to all firearms instructors requiring them to complete and return a copy of a Handgun Safety School Class Roster within 24 hours of the completion of a handgun permit certification class, "effective immediately."

This new roster requires a student to provide information concerning the name of the firearm owner, the name of the student using the firearm, as well as the make, model, and serial number of firearms used.  Currently, there are no statutes that authorize the TDOS to collect or require this information.  Simply put, this is a backdoor, de facto gun registration scheme!  Remember, registration is the first step to potential firearms confiscations.

It is imperative that Tennessee's law abiding gun owners stand-up and voice their opposition to this gun registration plot.  Please contact the Tennessee Department of Safety and your State Legislators TODAY and respectfully let them know that you oppose the need and use of these rosters.  The Tennessee Department of Safety can be reached by phone at (615) 253-5221 or toll-free at 866-849-3548.  To find contact information for your State Legislators, please click Here.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

AlphaCharlieEcho

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

slim

Normally I would be screaming "BAIL!" right along with SamD, but this, and things like this, I have a feelling we're going to be seeing a whole lot more of in the near future.

And although this is technically an Ice Berg, personally I believe it could stay here on the forum as a "heads up." And, as long as it stays in the realm of "here's what's happening in TN, please take something to the effect of a one minute letter, and do something about this" and not a debate on if it's good or not, if it's really back-door gun registration/control, etc., then it should be allowed to stay on the forum.

Folks, don't debate this topic here please. Acknowledge it, contact your state people, and then get back to bailing. Please!

SamD

Look at the pictures folks,
see!
Slim is a smiler ;D
I'm not.
Just as nice,
just not a smiler.

Sam

AlphaCharlieEcho

Thanks KodyJaret ! I was just fixen to post a Update... My Rep. said she alone had 30+ calls on it and put pressure for it to be Stopped.
George Washington

student

I teach the HCP class in TN.

For what it is wort they have not sent me the mentioned letter yet.

As gun sales have increased so have permit apps.

I have run out of Certs. to give my students.

I contacted Nashville and they are out too. ::)

They assured me I would have them before my next class. **)

Aaron
Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!