News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Almost KD event at Lapeer, Sep 17

Started by Caliper, July 26, 2016, 11:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

So, most everyone here is familiar with the Lapeer range and how we're .22LR only on the range because we're using the pistol bays. The Big Boy rifles only get to come out for a short time on Sunday, if time and the club schedule permits...   :'(

Well, not anymore!  ^:)^

Sep 17 (yeah, just one day), I'll be trying an "Advanced Appleseed" on the Lapeer RIFLE RANGE!

Ok, so it's not a full 400yd  :-\ But, we have 200yd and that's a lot longer than 25yd and that's something!  ..:..

Oh, and did I mention that it's the RIFLE RANGE, so you can bring the big boy rifles and shoot them ALL DAY?  Yeah, that's happening too.  :--- (rimfire still welcome of course)

So, here's the basics: Centerfire rifles get to shoot 50-100-150-200yd for a 1/2 scale KD while rimfires can shoot 1/4 scale at 25-50-75-100yd, or step up and use the same distances as centerfire. Targets of course will be scaled appropriately to simulate full size / full distance targets. Because you won't be dealing with 400yd of wind and due to the range configuration, there may be some creative interpretation of time limits on the AQT, but it's all good.

Being one day KD type event, we'll just be skimming the fundamentals in the morning and getting straight to the meat of the shooting as quick as possible. What I'm saying is that this is an event for returning shooters, so not really for a first-timer.

Oh, the downside (hey, that's life) space is LIMITED! Sign up now! Quickly! With expedience and haste!  O0

Charles McKinley

http://www.accurateshooter.com/shooting-skills/rimfire-tactical-precision-match/

At the bottom of the page is dope out to 200 yards on Wolf Match .22 and crosswind dope as well.

Warning the "rabbit hole " over at Accurate Shooter is very long and deep and may be hazardous to your wallet.  You have been warned!

Have fun
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery