News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston, ID July 23/24 2016 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, July 20, 2016, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Eagerly anticipating a great weekend at the range.

Kimber Custom

What a great weekend. Weather wasn't sweltering like I was expecting. Congratulations to our 2 new rifleman! Thanks to Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club for the ammo donations and lunch  O0

Here's a few pictures I took https://goo.gl/photos/TZgyEkinptCFtGJ98

Our next event will be Sep 17 & 18: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/lewiston-id-appleseed-september-17-18-2016-tickets-19484711296 please help spread the word.

Theophilus

To all:

I'll second Kimber's
    What a great weekend!
comment.

Congratulations to Jordan and Alex, our two new riflemen!

To everyone else, keep practicing the fundamentals you learned this weekend.

Shellie, you showed great improvement and a willingness to learn.  Trigger control and the steady hold factors are your best assets - practice them and all the others and you will shoot a rifleman score.

Kate, thanks for seventh stepping, keep working on all the fundamentals.

Gail, keep working on the basics.  You had excellent trigger control with your bolt-action rifle.

Andy, you were so quiet I hardly knew you were there.  You're knocking on the door, and it is a double challenge with the bolt rifle.

Alex, your commitment to becoming a rifleman showed in your rifleman score.  Achieved, by the way, with a take-down 10/22.  Perhaps a double challenge there also.

Jordan, you came equipped and prepared.  Keep up practicing.  Your preparation showed in your rifleman score.

Neil, you did well with the bolt-action rifle, and were also so quiet that I hardly knew you were there.  Find time for some practice and you'll shoot a rifleman score.

Andrew, I wish we had been able to spend more time with you.  I think a rifleman patch is in your future.  Just some refreshing and practicing of all of the basic fundamentals we taught and you will shoot a rifleman score.

Caleb, I hear you want an M1 Garand.  Practice the basics and some day you will shoot well enough to own one.

Gabriel, you asked many good questions.  Keep that up.  Learn the steady hold factors, they will serve you well.

Isaac, I enjoyed having you at our event, and it looked like you had a great time.  Remember our history and heritage.  Practice good trigger control.

Brian, you were also so quiet I hardly knew you were there.  You were a study in concentration.  You are knocking at the door of a rifleman patch.  Practice what you learned this weekend.

Sherri, your inquisitive mind will ultimately lead you to be a rifleman.  Along the way you will know the reasons for everything we do.  You will become a great teacher because you will keep that inquisitive attitude.  Thanks for being at our event.

Johnny and Joey, remember and practice everything you learned this weekend.  You can shoot a rifleman score.  Do everything we taught you.

Thanks to all of you for attending.  Without you, we could not do this.

Joni took some pictures.  I'll post them in a following reply.

Huzzah!
Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Theophilus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

RaggedHole

It was a great weekend, thank you guys so much for making it happen, and taking great pics! I have a handful of friends I am working on getting to come to an Appleseed, it was a blast and excited for the next one already. I don't think I have EVER smiled as much as I did when I got those three Huzzahs after getting my Riflemans patch   ;D ^:)^  ;D

I am excited to get out and practice what I learned, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing those tiny groups while shooting in prone, sitting, & standing. I don't think I will be shooting off a bench much anymore  ;)

- Jordan

[Current Quest] Shoot Rifleman/230+ on a 5 minute "Down & Dirty" AQT. Equipment: 24" Henry Frontier Long Barrel w/ Lyman 17 Front Globe sight & Williams FP-GR-TK rear sights.

First Appleseed: Lewiston, ID 7/16
Rifleman Patch: Lewiston, ID 7/16' [218]
KD Qualified: Ramseur, NC 10/16 [40/50]
Orange Hat: Ramseur, NC 10/16
Personal Best: Waco, TX 4/18 [242/ DISTINGUISHED BADGE :)]

Appleseed Attended In [4/50] States: ID, WA, NC, TX, & KS