News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***TEXAS IBC THIS JANUARY!***

Started by Weezer, June 27, 2016, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

The 47th annual (okay, not really) Texas IBC will be held on
January 13 - 15, 2017
at the
Central Texas rifle and Pistol Club in China Spring, Texas. 

Central Texas Pistol & Rifle Club ("CTRP")
384 Range Road, China Spring TX 76633
GPS Coordinates: Lat 31.691138, Long -97.283281

Click here for directions to the CTRP:  http://www.ctrpclub.org/map

Anyone who wears any color RWVA hat is invited to attend.
Anyone who might be interested in wearing one of those coveted RWVA hats is welcome to attend, but please PM me so we can discuss.

Attendance is strongly encouraged.  Aw, heck, let's just say attendance is mandatory.  ~~:)     If you are unable to attend, please PM me to work out alternate arrangements.   Also, if money, transportation or an angry spouse might get in the way of your attendance, let me know and we'll work it out. 

We are a huge state and, therefore, a large group!  This is your single, best opportunity to meet a large portion of the Texas cadre and talk, share stories, and learn from them.
Border Raiders are welcome!                                        Border Raiders are welcome!                                   Border Raiders are welcome!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm asking everyone to register on Eventbite. 
To Register, CLICK HERE: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/waco-tx-appleseed-instructor-boot-camp-january-13-15-2017-tickets-26259986326

Times/Basic Agenda:
   Friday (optional) - Club will be open to attendees starting at 3 PM. 
                                      - Optional medical training course will take place from 6 PM to 8 PM.
                                      - No certifications will be given; rather, we'll be going over basic medical training
                                        covering situations you might encounter on the range. 

Saturday - 8 AM until bed time (if you're arriving Saturday morning, please plan to arrive no later than 7:30 AM)
                           - State of the State address (we'll keep it quick and painless) POI and safety breakouts all day

Sunday - 8 AM to 5 PM
                          - History/strikes, rifle familiarization, LibertySeeds, troubleshooting, KD

Meals
   Friday (optional) - dinner (simple stuff like cold cuts, chips and soda)
   Saturday - breakfast, lunch, dinner
   Sunday - breakfast, lunch
  All weekend - coffee, water, snacks
***While food, snacks, water and coffee will be provided, please feel free to bring your own if you have special dietary requirements.  Please - no alcoholic beverages!

Cost: $30 - (payable at the door) which includes $25 to cover meals, snacks and water for the weekend, and "range fee" of $5 for CTRP for the use of their bunkhouse/meeting hall.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is an IBC?
  An IBC is an intense, drinking-from-the-firehose, weekend of interactive classwork (indoors, all weekend), where all instructors will get plenty of hands-on instruction and mentoring, while building friendships and camaraderie.   You shouldn't have any fear/trepidation about attending.  Bring the skills you have, and be ready to learn.  You WILL learn a lot, and have fun.  Even (ESPECIALLY!) if it's been awhile since you've volunteered at an event.

This is NOT your Mama's IBC.  We've got ITB coming in all the way from the Great White North as a guest Senior Instructor to help us run logistics and, let's face it, he's just plain fun.  In case that's not enough for you, our very own Regional Coordinator, DrRichP will also be coming in to sign autographs, sample barbecue and generally help keep things moving smoothly. 
There will be no sitting on our duffs listening to the professor from Ferris Beuller's Day Off droning on and on for two days.    Instead, we're going to be doing a ton of hands-on learning during breakout sessions.   Read on…

Blue Hats - get to know the instructor corps, see what goes on "behind the scenes", learn how to help run a safe event, learn/practice the points of instruction and history in case you might want to change your hat color in the future.  We want you doing POIs, breakouts, troubleshooting - everything!

Orange Hats - this is a great way to get a leg up for 2017.  You'll have ample opportunities to practice and polish your points of instruction, safety, and history skills.

Red Hats - we need you!  Our ideal ratio is 1 Red Hat for every 2 Orange Hats.  Plus, this event will help to shake out the winter cobwebs that may have grown on your perishable skills.

Shoot Bosses - You already know everything, right?   Great!  ALL Shoot Bosses should be at this event.  This may be the only time we have such a large gathering of our cadre, and it's a great opportunity to make friends, build our team and relationships, and mentor.

Some logistical details:
-CTRP is in the process of finishing HAS FINISHED their awesome new meeting room! 
We will be in a brand spanking new building with very nice facilities!   ^:)^

We will be in the meeting room.  It seats 50 people, so we'll have plenty of room. 

Important Bunkhouse Announcement!

...There is no bunkhouse at the club :'(  ...only Zuul!

DON'T DESPAIR! Our Crack Team of TOP MEN are working on a plan.  TOP. MEN.  (and women!) >:D  ~~:)
As we've all been heard to say: Improvise, Adapt, Overcome!  O0
Bring sleeping bags, pillows and mats if you have them, we'll set up shop in the common area!

-Please plan to sleep at the club.  There will be 2 separate bunk rooms with 4 bunk beds in each room (for a total of 16  beds).  Bring either a sleeping bag or bed linens + pillow.    First 16 people to sign up get a bunk bed.  The rest will camp out in on the bunkroom floors or in the meeting room.  Primitive camping is available on-site, as well as a limited number of RV hookups - please PM me if you'd like to take advantage of either. 
We will also have a SHOWER available!  No excuse for being stinky!   %)

-There will be no shooting, but there will be rifle familiarization - AR15, M1 Garand, M1A, AK, 10/22, 597 and 795. 

What should you bring?  Well, in addition to your personal items for spending an overnight, please bring:
•   A teachable attitude. 
•   any teaching materials you normally bring to an AS
•   The instructor manual  (let me know if you need a copy)
•   A notebook or pad of paper and pens/pencils
•   A dummy rifle, if you have one
•   your copy of Paul Revere's Ride
•   A memory stick if you want electronic copies of our files
•   A video camera to record yourself in the breakout sessions - trust us, this will be an eye-opener for you

How should you prepare?

Blue Hats:
•   Read "Paul Revere's Ride"
•   Read the current Applecore Manual
•   Prepare for the AC1 RSO test, if you'd like to be certified to clear the line at Appleseed events
•   Make up a list of any questions you may have
•   Browse the current Instructor Manual, especially if you're planning to participate in the breakouts

Orange Hats:
•   Read "Paul Revere's Ride"
•   Read the current Instructor Manual
•   Read Fred's Guideposts
•   Try to commit as much of the "cheat sheet" to memory - line commands, safety rules, steady hold factors, etc.
•   Have at least a basic understanding of the strikes and DOMs

Red Hats:
•   Be ready to discuss all aspects of the history - prelims, strikes, DOMs, etc
•   You will be running/assisting in the breakout sessions. PMs with details will be forthcoming
•   You have no need for that cheat sheet, right?     :cool2:
•   Make sure your POIs are sharp

Shoot Bosses:
•   Be ready to discuss all aspects of the history - prelims, strikes, DOMs, etc
•   Read the current Shoot Boss Manual
•   You will likely be a squad leader for the breakouts - PMs with details will be forthcoming
•   ...I don't even need to mention the cheat sheet, right?     :cool2:

Our mission is serious: the urgency of saving the country, and everyone's safety at our events.  That being said, if you're not having fun doing this, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Please check in here occasionally for updates.  We'll see you all in January!

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Ghostring

Doorkicker and I will be there!  ..:..

...there's no spot on the eventbrite signing for your forum name, and we share the same first and last names....
Anyway, we're both signed up!  See y'all there O0
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Weezer

Great!  Glad we'll see you both there (and, being among the first, you two get dibs on the bunk beds!)

I hear you about the forum names - I debated about signing up as "Weezer Kaufman".   ;D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Weezer

Woo hoo!   Not 24 hours in and we've got SIX people in bunk beds already!   

I think we may have our first BORDER RAIDER signed up, too!   ^:)^  Possibly someone from Kansas.   :cool2:

If you all don't mind, post here once you've signed up and tell us your name so that we can connect screen names with real names (or PM me that info if you're part of the Witness Protection Program).   O0   

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on June 27, 2016, 09:42:53 PM
Woo hoo!   Not 24 hours in and we've got SIX people in bunk beds already!   

I think we may have our first BORDER RAIDER signed up, too!   ^:)^  Possibly someone from Kansas.   :cool2:

If you all don't mind, post here once you've signed up and tell us your name so that we can connect screen names with real names (or PM me that info if you're part of the Witness Protection Program).   O0

Signed up already. And the guy from Kansas is an Orange Hat I picked up in Midland in April. He's been helping the OK & KS crews. Good guy - talked to him yesterday.

Dr Rich is already signed up. Huzzah. ITB said he'd be there too.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

Great!  What's his screen name so we can pester him?

As for ITB, he HAS to be there.  He's in charge of logistics!   **)

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on June 29, 2016, 02:51:10 PM
Great!  What's his screen name so we can pester him?

As for ITB, he HAS to be there.  He's in charge of logistics!   **)

Rob goes by kansashwy1 - and yeah ITB better be there. He always has a good stash of fancy cigars.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I just signed up.

I don't need to sleep in the bunkhouse - I can sleep in my van by the river.  :cool2:
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on June 29, 2016, 07:33:54 PM
I just signed up.

I don't need to sleep in the bunkhouse - I can sleep in my van by the river.  :cool2:

HA!   I don't think so, Chris Farley.   We're putting you in the bunkhouse so that we can take pictures of you sleeping and post them on every available social media platform...along with your name, address and phone number.     **)

Quote from: Weezer on June 29, 2016, 07:47:15 PM
Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on June 29, 2016, 07:33:54 PM
I just signed up.

HA!   I don't think so, Chris Farley.   We're putting you in the bunkhouse so that we can take pictures of you sleeping and post them on every available social media platform...along with your name, address and phone number.     **)

So what you are saying is "keep the beard disguise".  %)

And you are assuming I actually sleep there (insert maniacal laughter...) **)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

BillJac

You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

jla1911a1

I reckon ill make a weekend of it as well.
The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.

TT92

Just registered, looking forward to it!

I'm happy to camp in a tent, don't need a bunk
I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!

Weezer

This is awesome!   We already have SIXTEEN people signed up (but still 2 bunks left because we have an RV and a tent sleeper coming).   

We are going to have a blast!   After the sessions each day, we can stay up late telling ghost stories, painting each other's toenails, taking hula dance lessons, playing Dream Date...

Wait...guys do those things at slumber parties, right?   ???

didactic

I just signed up.

Anybody needing a ride from the general Austin area can contact me.

So many folks to meet!
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Redcoat72

Looks like four of us are coming from the real Great White North for this event!

It is going to be one heck of a drive but I am looking forward to it!
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Weezer

Quote from: Redcoat72 on August 07, 2016, 08:34:21 PM
Looks like four of us are coming from the real Great White North for this event!

It is going to be one heck of a drive but I am looking forward to it!

You guys are driving?   Whoa.  You officially get the award for Most Dedicated AppleMapleseeders.   :bow:

Of course, our winter weather is worth driving for.  You all will likely be in shorts and tank tops while we run around in sweatshirts and mittens.   It's downright frigid here in January - heck, the temps might hit the freezing mark at night if we're lucky!   ;D

wizard

I'm looking forward to meeting my Texas brothers and sisters. Ok, let's be honest, I'm coming for the BBQ. Dry rub I hope.
If a bunk is still open, I want it; if not, as a former Marine, I can sleep in a frozen mud puddle.
I get things done because I get things done.

Weezer

Quote from: wizard on August 08, 2016, 07:46:33 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting my Texas brothers and sisters. Ok, let's be honest, I'm coming for the BBQ. Dry rub I hope.
If a bunk is still open, I want it; if not, as a former Marine, I can sleep in a frozen mud puddle.

1.  Dry rub.  Duly noted.
2.  Frozen mud puddle?   That may be hard to come by.  Would a regular (albeit cold) one do?   We can toss in a scorpion if you'd like.   ;D

wizard

Scorpions taste like almonds, and not an injury I've had to address in Michigan. I'll add them and snakes to the menu, and the list of possible problems we may encounter as instructors. Looking forward to the event.
I get things done because I get things done.

.50calgrl

Texas in January or Ontario in January, easiest decision EVER! It is going to be a blast and looking forward to meeting y'all (see what I did there?). More skills, new friends and the best marksmanship program out there! Good times, eh!

Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

TimBeatty

I just signed up. Its been 4 years since my last IBC. I plan on camping in a tent.
Tim Beatty

Weezer

Quote from: NSCgrl on August 20, 2016, 09:44:17 AM
Texas in January or Ontario in January, easiest decision EVER! It is going to be a blast and looking forward to meeting y'all (see what I did there?). More skills, new friends and the best marksmanship program out there! Good times, eh!

Awesome!  We can't wait to welcome you to Texas and show you what good BBQ is all aboot (see what I did there?).  **)       I have a feeling that by the end of the weekend, you'll be peppering your sentences with y'all and I'll end each one of mine with "eh".     ;D

Weezer

Quote from: TimBeatty on August 20, 2016, 05:19:57 PM
I just signed up. Its been 4 years since my last IBC. I plan on camping in a tent.

TIM!  You're ALIVE!   ^:)^   Great to hear from you - and glad to hear you and your tent will join us next year.   Now, are you going to pitch that outside or are you going to set up camp right in the middle of the bunkhouse, complete with campfire and rainfly?    **)

Quote from: TimBeatty on August 20, 2016, 05:19:57 PM

I remember that one. Good times.

"What Steve MEANT TO SAY was..."
Ladyseed Man Slave

jla1911a1

The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.

Weezer

Quote from: jla1911a1 on August 28, 2016, 10:31:14 PM
is it January yet?

Nope.  Go back to sleep - we'll wake you up in time to ring in the new year.   ;D

WAIT...GET UP!  Don't you have some chiggers to napalm before this weekend's event?  **) 

little buddy

charley Yankee and I will be coming down from Ohio we will be getting a hotel.

Weezer

Little Buddy - you guys got the last tickets available.    We are now SOLD OUT! 

Woo hoo!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

scuzzy

Wow - it's gonna be a packed house. Been years since we've had this manner instructors in one place here in Texas.