News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***TEXAS IBC THIS JANUARY!***

Started by Weezer, June 27, 2016, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on December 14, 2016, 12:36:48 PM
Mr Smith and I signed up a few months ago, and have already made arrangements with Gunner got a spot to park our camper and plug in, and Scuzzy had already signed us rifles to bring along. Anything else I should know?

I can't think of anything else other than be ready to get some good instruction for some really good instructors.

Maybe bring a notepad and an open mind.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TxRebel

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

BillJac

Going to need a change of plans for myself. My motorhome is going to be repaired during that time. So I'll be staying in a hotel. I'm too old and creaky to sleep on the floor.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

TxRebel

I'm camping.  If the weather is cold its going to be a tent, a heater and an air mattress.  If its nice out I'll be sleeping in a hammock (love my hammock).
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

NJrefugee

I just got a hammock tent, complete with bug netting.  Looking forward to trying it out if the weather is temperate.  Otherwise, going with my standard:  Mattress and sleeping bag in the back of my SUV.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: scuzzy on December 06, 2016, 03:49:34 PM
Quote from: Weezer on December 06, 2016, 02:48:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on December 06, 2016, 11:22:48 AM
"A moose once bit my sister..."

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge...

Man - bring me a bottle of whatever you two are drinking.

And by the way - I bet you could get a big ol' moose backstrap in a cooler to bring to Texas.

backstrap???  How did I miss THIS post???? where backstrap???  I know I'm getting caught up pretty late, here, but such is the story of my life.  Mr Smith and I are IIT0s, so you guys are stuck with us.  Also, we've been so busy with other stuff, too, that we're now officially cramming for the event in terms of study time.  (we do a TON of extracurricular stuff, sooo... always on the jagged edge.)  Anywho, Diane and Clay Cherry (no idea what their forum names are) are coming, and wanting to do the hotel thing.  The only things listed on the interwebs are a solid half an hour away. Can Scuzzy or Gunner or Weezer or one of ya'll familiar with China Spring recommend a clean mom and pop place that's closer?  Thanks!!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Ghostring

The best rates I've found are in Waco, which is about 16 miles away. 
Looks like you can get two nights at about $100 at the Super 8 near Baylor, and also at the Motel 6 Bellmead according to hotels.com
It normally takes me about 20 minutes to drive to the range from the Super 8.

I don't know if you can get anything closer, really, but Gunner01 may know.

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on January 05, 2017, 05:39:40 PM
backstrap???  How did I miss THIS post???? where backstrap???  I know I'm getting caught up pretty late, here, but such is the story of my life.  Mr Smith and I are IIT0s, so you guys are stuck with us.  Also, we've been so busy with other stuff, too, that we're now officially cramming for the event in terms of study time.  (we do a TON of extracurricular stuff, sooo... always on the jagged edge.)  Anywho, Diane and Clay Cherry (no idea what their forum names are) are coming, and wanting to do the hotel thing.  The only things listed on the interwebs are a solid half an hour away. Can Scuzzy or Gunner or Weezer or one of ya'll familiar with China Spring recommend a clean mom and pop place that's closer?  Thanks!!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

PaleRider

I'm staying at Americas Best Value Inn, 4201 Franklin Ave. It's about a half-hour drive as well.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Ghostring

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We're ONE WEEK away from the WORLD FAMOUS Texas IBC ^:)^
... and I wanted to post the schedule and some more information for y'all!  O0

Some notes:
1. Please plan to be at the range ALL DAY -- that means working lunches!
2. Bring your instructor manual, Paul Revere's Ride, and any teaching aids that you use for your presentations!

Meals:
Coffee, Bottled Water and Hot water will be available at basically all times.  We have Hot Cocoa mix, too!

Friday: Some cold cuts, chips, potato salad.  Light meal.

Breakfast(s): We're having a mostly cold breakfast (fruit/yogurt/cereals/donuts/bagels) both days.  Oatmeal (instant) will be available, with Orange and Grape Juice to drink.
Lunch(s): We'll have sandwich platters on Saturday w/potato salad, chips, Iced Tea.  Pizza, iced tea and leftovers for lunch on Sunday.
Dinner: Saturday's big dinner will be Texas Chili w/fixin's (Frito's, shredded cheese, chopped onions, beans), potato salad, Iced Tea and Pecan Pie w/Blue Bell vanilla ice cream for dessert!
** BE SURE TO BRING HOT SAUCE!  We'll have some, of course, but I know there are some serious Hot Heads among us!!! **

The schedule is as follows.  Bold activities are Breakout sessions, where IIT groups will participate and demonstrate activities for our Instructor cadre.

Friday                  
6:00 PM   9:00 PM   Medical training class (optional)

Saturday      
7:00 AM   8:00 AM **BREAKFAST**
8:00 AM   8:30 AM   Intros - name, location, what you want to get out of the IBC, entry survey
8:30 AM   8:40 AM   Basic instructing points/roles and expecations at an Appleseed
8:40 AM   9:20 AM   Safety Briefing
9:20 AM   9:35 AM   Effective storytelling
9:35 AM   9:50 AM   Break
9:50 AM   10:35 AM   First Strike
10:35 AM   10:50 AM   Effective POI presentation techniques - Dos and Don'ts
10:50 AM   11:50 AM   Prone
11:50 AM   12:20 PM   Lunch / IMC Demo
12:20 PM   1:05 PM   IMC
1:05 PM   1:50 PM   Six Steps
1:50 PM   2:50 PM   NPOA
2:50 PM   3:20 PM   Second Strike
3:20 PM   3:40 PM   Break (and bring in/uncase rifles)
3:40 PM   5:10 PM   Rifle familiarization
**DINNER AROUND THIS TIME **
5:10 PM   "Later"   Rifle familiarization  continues through dinner, extracurriculars?      

Sunday      
7:00 AM   8:00 AM **BREAKFAST**
8:00 AM   8:30 AM   Forum/TIPS/signing up/Roles at an Appleseed
8:30 AM   9:00 AM   Standing
9:00 AM   10:20 AM   Seated/Kneeling
10:20 AM   10:30 AM   Break
10:30 AM   11:00 AM   Third Strike
11:00 AM   12:00 PM   Troubleshooting/Diagnosing shooter errors  - Stages A and B
12:00 PM   12:30 PM   Lunch
12:30 PM   1:00 PM   KD
1:00 PM   1:20 PM   State of the State
1:20 PM   1:30 PM   Break
1:30 PM   2:00 PM   DOMs
2:00 PM   2:20 PM   Talking Targets/Rifleman's Dance/Rifleman's Cadence
2:20 PM   2:50 PM   Closing comments/discussion/exit survey

We should be done by 3pm, Sunday. 
Instructors (Red Hat and above) will meet briefly from 3PM to 3:30PM Sunday for debrief.
The weather seems mild (60-70's) for that weekend, but there may be showers.  Keep an eye on the forecast!  We should be inside or covered *most* of the time!

See you there!!!  :))

Ghostring (Jim)
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

TxRebel

;D O0 ^-^  Does anyone else feel like its almost Christmas?  I'm really excited for this weekend
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

scuzzy

Quote from: TxRebel on January 11, 2017, 02:11:30 PM
;D O0 ^-^  Does anyone else feel like its almost Christmas?  I'm really excited for this weekend

:)

.50calgrl

The Canadians are at the Arkansas state line.... We are getting close! See you all tomorrow!
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

scuzzy

Quote from: .50calgrl on January 12, 2017, 07:25:08 PM
The Canadians are at the Arkansas state line.... We are getting close! See you all tomorrow!

Almost time! Looking forward to meeting all yall.

Superheat

Might have saved a few miles going to the IBC in Lansing, MI February 24-26.

Ghostring

Maybe, but then again Texas Chili is worth traveling for!  :cool2:

Quote from: Superheat on January 13, 2017, 08:58:30 AM

Rascal21

They will be here for that one as well :)

Quote from: Superheat on January 13, 2017, 08:58:30 AM

AF5US

I'm a member of the range, and can help open the gate for people.  I plan on arriving about 2:30-ish.

Call or text me at 214-284-3970

I have new sights on my AR-15 I need to zero in, and I'm bringing my M1A just for fun.  The range is open to guests for a $10 range fee and a member to act as sponsor; as the attendees are all fine upstanding Appleseed people I would be willing to act as the sponsor if anyone wants to join in a little trigger time.  :~

As requested, I am bringing some hot sauce for the chili night.  It's a little bottle.  With a skull.  That should tell you something.  I'm willing to share, but a little dab'll do ya.  >:D

Almost time!

-Jason Carr
AF5US
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Mrs. Smith

Almost there!! Got held up on highway 22 where some poor guy lost his load of feed corn all over the road, but we'll be there in about 40 minutes  ^:)^
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

scuzzy

I love you guys. You're the best.

It was good the meet all of you. Serious.

Richard D. Jones

Great IBC! Thanks to all for being there!
"A Man's Pistol is used to get to his Rifle"

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

That was a fine IBC. Pictures taken with my camera on Sunday.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

SNAiTF!   I didn't know you had a twin!   
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Mrs. Smith

we had the BEST TIME!!!  Weezer, I was so sad that you couldn't come, but we still had a blast.  I was just a genuine pleasure to meet everyone and I can't imagine a better way to start our training  ^:)^ :1luvu

paul.rome

Hello Texas,

Instructor credentials are now available for printing.  This feature is located TIPS> My Info   -  check bottom left corner of Instructor Contact Information page for "Instructor Credentials".

A wallet size card can be printed from page 1 and a credential certificate from page 2.

Paul

Weezer

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on January 16, 2017, 11:02:53 PM
we had the BEST TIME!!!  Weezer, I was so sad that you couldn't come, but we still had a blast.  I was just a genuine pleasure to meet everyone and I can't imagine a better way to start our training  ^:)^ :1luvu

It sounds like you all had a great time!  I'm sorry I didn't get to see you.  NJ said he had a great time...and he keeps putting cones up in the driveway and asking me to maneuver through them in the grocery-getter while he stands in the garage with a stopwatch.   You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?   ;D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Weezer on January 17, 2017, 09:36:12 PM

It sounds like you all had a great time!  I'm sorry I didn't get to see you.  NJ said he had a great time...and he keeps putting cones up in the driveway and asking me to maneuver through them in the grocery-getter while he stands in the garage with a stopwatch.   You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?   ;D

@)  @)  @)  @)

Nope. Not a clue.

So how are your times?   >:D

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Weezer on January 17, 2017, 09:36:12 PM

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

.50calgrl

We are leaving Texas today. Thank you everyone for being amazing hosts and we must say that Texas is beautiful.

The IBC was excellent, like our participants we were drinking from the fire hose.

We are going to spend the three days that it will take to get back to Canada discussing implementation of Mapleseed. The IBC will be a tremendous help. Remember, you are all welcome to join us for a Mapleseed up in the great white north.

Wizard and ITB, we will see you next month at the Michigan IBC.

And Ghostring, thanks for making me the newest Orange Hat!
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Ghostring

Have a safe trip back home and best of luck on Mapleseed!

Texas, as incredibly marvelous as she is, will be a little less so when y'all go ...

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of something important I had to do today!  :P

ITB

Man, that Texas logo is sweet.  Where'd you get that?   ;)
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23