News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KWSC Recap

Started by wildman, December 15, 2008, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

This past Saturday we finished the 2008 Field Shooting Program with the KWSC. What a shoot it was too I can't remember a more exciting afternoon.

If you are not familiar with the KWSC the range is divided into two lanes, each lane consists of 3 pairs of targets at 300, 400, and 500 yards. The pairs consists a "D" target head and shoulders and an "F" target head only. Each shooter in his turn shoots the pairs as they appear and gets 2 points for the "D" target and 3 points for the "F." The shooter is allowed to shoot no more than two rounds at each target and receives additional 2 points for each saved round. The course is divided into stages or exercises. Exercise #1 is eight target pairs in one minute. Exercise #2 a repeat of 1 and exercise #3 is four "F" shots. If it all seems a bit complicated it really isn't. We have figured out that by breaking the shooters into three man teams,a shooter, a spotter, and a scorer it runs very fast. The WWII course was organized the same way and we ran 18 shooters easily in an afternoon.

Three shooters qualified by shooting better than 140 out of 176 points. Wildman shot a 168, Koma shot a 166, and Hawkeye a 148. Jason M just missed by one point and Johnny Reb was right behind with a 132.

Talk about the rifleman's bubble the five minutes it takes to shoot an one complete exercise is perhaps the most charged, and exciting, event I have ever experienced in my shooting career. I know I am not alone in that.

It is my hope that next year more of you will be able to join us and experience the benefits of the Ramseur Field Shooting Program. Next year we are planning 6 shoots 3 in the spring and three in the fall. The schedlue will posted by the end of January or sooner.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

Wow what a challenging course of fire.  I thought the young guys with the open sights did well with the 5oo yard targets. If you want to challenge yourself this is the place to do it, put all that you learned at Appleseed to work in a field environment. I'm at the working the reloading bench waiting for next years schedule. thank You wildman for a Great day shooting.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Koma

Thank You again Wildman. Like the man said--It don't get any better then this.