News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Orange and Red Hats in Texas!

Started by Weezer, April 18, 2016, 03:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Woo hoo!   Please help me give a warm welcome to our newest victim IIT - AF5US!    ^:)^    He shot a Rifleman score at Waco this weekend (in the pouring rain, no less!) and stepped up immediately to take an Orange Hat. 

This morning, after being tortured until he said yes taking time to think it over, SAUDIAGGIE joined us as an Orange Hat, as well!   He, too, shot a Rifleman score and stepped up to help.   It sounds like he may also do some border raiding in Louisiana...watch out Lawdog!   ;)

Also, NJrefugee apparently got tired of his Orange Hat (he complained it didn't match his handbag) and traded it in for a Red one this weekend at Waco.   O0

Congratulations to all of you...now get to work!   ~~:)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Weezer

You can see photos, make comments and have a good time reading about this weekend's Waco event here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=48183.0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Saudiaggie

Heck ya, I'm stoked.

We all had a great, albeit wet, time in Waco. The positive vibe of the Appleseed community is awesome. I look forward to helping out and continuing to learn.

Weezer

Welcome aboard, Saudiaggie!   

Yep, we were definitely wet; however, I have to tell you that my first experience in Waco was as a participant at an event before the shelter was built.   The first day was HOT and sunny - I came away with a sunburn...and a scorpion sting.   !@#)    Day 2 poured cats and dogs on us and the range began to flood a bit.  I have a photo somewhere of my shooting mat being partially submerged.   :-[    I am eternally grateful every time I'm at CTRP for that covered shooting area!   :bow:   You're going to love it this summer!

Did you see the pics on the AAR?   I think we're going to blow up the photo of you napping with your rifle and display it at future events.   **)

DrRichP

Well, my first congratulations go to NJRefugee. Well done my friend, well done. Now I expect you in Green by the end of the year. ~~:)

Welcome aboard AF5US and SAUDIAGGIE. You've both joined a great AS team with great leadership down there in Texas. It will be a lot of hard work, a little chaotic at times, and you're going to love every moment of it, I promise.  O0

I'll be looking for great things from you both!

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy