News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full Distance Event at New Philly in June 11 & 12

Started by Corvette, April 06, 2016, 12:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio Appleseed

Here are more details on the Full Distance Appleseed planned for June at Tusco Rifle Range in New Philadelphia, Ohio.

The event will be held on the 600 yd utility range at Tusco.  We will have a target line at 400 yds and we will have shoot lines set at 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. There will be 20 participants total in 10 pairs.  We will have 10 shooters on the line at a time and their 10 partners will act as scorers in each flight.

The course of fire for the event will be as follows:

Saturday:

Welcome and safety brief
Instruction point and KD review (Similar to the Sunday morning review at a normal Appleseed)
KD reviews, one for folks with MOA optics, one for Mil Dot optics
Zero confirmation session at the 100 yard line - all shooters
AQT's to commence after zeroing session (hope for 4 total on Sat, two for each shooter)
Heritage sessions at Lunch and afternoon break which will cover Revolution details not normally covered during an Appleseed

Sunday

Normal Sunday safety brief
Zeroing session for folks that want to zero another rifle
AQT's alternating team members like on Saturday, hope to have three AQT's per shooter
Special 600 yd team challenge details to be determined
Feedback session and wrap up

The range does not have any pits so it is very important that you have your gear as portable as possible.  We will shoot a stage, move the line to the next distance and then send the scorers down to the target line to record your shots and paste the holes for the next stage.  Saving time will be critical.  We will arrange for some kind of transportation to move scorers down to the target line to score a stage but it will be important that we keep the event moving. 

We will be using the full size Appleseed targets.  They have a full four and five scoring section but they do not have a full three range. So scoring will be hits in the black count.  To qualify for a full distance Rifleman patch, you will need to have 40 of 50 hits in the black (does not matter if they are fours or fives).  As in a traditional Appleseed, the 400 yard shots will count double so a hit in stage four counts as two hits. 

Normal AQT timing on each stage will be used.

Please let me know if you plan to camp on site.  There is plenty of room on site for campers.  They have several sites with electric if you are bringing a mobile home.  They have showers available on site and we will have access to the shoot house which has a full kitchen and grill available if we want to put some kind of buffet together for Saturday night.

Please post your questions and any comments here so all can participate.  I look forward to a great weekend. 

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Birdman

Corvette

Instructors, IITs and Blue Hats  -- this event is free for you.  On event bright, you need to use the Special -- Free option to signup.  If you have any problems, let me know.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Medicus

Is this about the same time every year? I can try to budget a vacation block around it for '17.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

Charles McKinley

I'll sign up to instruct.  See you there.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Corvette

Medicus,

This will be the first full distance AS we have had in Ohio in a number of years.  If it goes well I will hold to do it again in 17. Will keep you in the loop ad plans firm for next year.

Corvette

Corvette

Quote from: Charles McKinley on April 06, 2016, 06:18:37 PM
I'll sign up to instruct.  See you there.

Chuck

Chuck you should also sign up to shoot as well. We will shoot in flights so you can help on the line when you are not shooting.

Corvette

Charles McKinley

I will have at least 400m hopefully 600m range in my back yard done this year. O0

If there is space I'll squeeze in.  Otherwise I'll leave as many as possible experience my favorite range.

:sb:IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO NEW PHILLY FOR A REGULAR SHOOT PLEASE COME OUT TO FILL THIS AWESOME, SUPPORTIVE AND UNDER USED RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :sb:
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Corvette

Chuck,

No go ahead and sign up to shoot. You have earned it with all the times you have boarder raided here in Ohio.

Looking forward to the event.

Corvette

Corvette

Ohio AS,

We are down to 13 slots at the full distance event in June at New Philly.  If you want to shoot a full distance AQT, here is your chance. 

Corvette

unforgiven1203

signed up and paid! I plan on camping friday and sat. bringing at least 1 ar , my m1 and probably a 6.5sweede too! I can't wait! :---

Corvette

Unforgiven, Looking forward to it my self.  For planning purposes, we will be camping up near the trap house.  The trap house has a full kitchen available to us and the restrooms have showers that we will be able to use.  Just wanted you to know the facilities that will be available to us.  See you in June.

Corvette

unforgiven1203

Corvette

Update:

When we were at the range this month for our normal spring Appleseed, I met with the Safety and Security officer for the club.  We discussed what we plan to do for the shoot in June and how we planned on doing it. 

Based on that, there will be some changes.  The biggest is that we will have one firing line and four target lines.  This is the opposite of the original plan.  This will mean more equipment needed for the target lines but it probably will work better in the long run. 

Also, there is road down the left side of the range that we will be able to use vehichle's on to transport scorers/line changers down range so it would be great if some of the shooters showed up with pick up trucks to haul folks around in.

I will be posted a preliminary course of fire for the event shortly.  Keep an eye on this thread.

Corvette

Birdman

Corvette, (or others)
What is the probable round count? Want to make sure to bring enough...

KenGilcrest

Sapper1

Corvette,
I'm interested in coming.... I noticed that you mentioned IIT and blue hats. I'd like to assist if possible. What is the need for, and the cost for an new orange hat? How many rounds, approx, will I need?
Thanks....see ya there!

unforgiven1203

Me and my girlfriend are camping on site. What time can we get in on friday? we are bringing a pop up camper and will need electric (although I will bring a long cord).
I can't wait! This will be awesome!

Shards

Did the open spots that were mentioned back in April end up getting filled up, or are there still openings?

DrRichP

The event shows as Sold Out with No RWVA memberships or Donation.

Quote from: Shards on June 06, 2016, 12:20:54 PMDid the open spots that were mentioned back in April end up getting filled up, or are there still openings?
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Corvette

Shards, there is one Membership on the pre regs so we DO have a slot open. If you want it PM me on the forum and it's yours. See you Sat.

Corvette

Quote from: DrRichP on June 06, 2016, 05:32:47 PM
The event shows as Sold Out with No RWVA memberships or Donation.

Quote from: Shards on June 06, 2016, 12:20:54 PMDid the open spots that were mentioned back in April end up getting filled up, or are there still openings?

Corvette

Turns out Shard's wife booked him this weekend.  However Invectus Manneo stepped up to take the open slot. So we are a full 20 for the event.

Please, nO further posts on this thread.  They should go on the planning thread I opened (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=48698.0;topicseen#lastPost).

Thanks

Corvette