News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning thread for New Philly April 16 & 17

Started by Corvette, April 05, 2016, 06:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS,

We are only a couple weeks away from kicking off AS Ohio 2016. Our Patriots Weekend shoots are filling up and all seem to be reasonably staffed. Well all except New Philly.  Charley and Little buddy can't get to New Philly till Sat evening so for Sat, it is just me and BAS.

Sure could use a couple more hats for Sat. If you can help, even if it is only for Sat, would love to have you join us.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

Corvette,
I can help out on Saturday until the cavalry arrives. Will plan on driving down Fri. evening
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Bless you my child, thanks for stepping up.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Cadence,

Remember we get to sleep in the Trap house.  You will just need a cot and/or sleeping bag.  And, they have heat and showers available to us.  As usual, I will be providing instructors with breakfast Sat and Sun morning so don't worry about that for Sat AM.  Menu will be my famous sausage muffin and cheese sandwiches, danish, coffee and OJ. 

We will probably just grill something at the trap house Friday night.  If you get there before dark and you want to heat something up, we will have targets available out to 300 yds on our range.  Not sure if you have ever been to New Philly before, but great range.

Corvette

Cadence

WOW!- What a deal.  O0  Looking forward to it.
I'll try to get off off of work early to try and make it before dark (no promises because I car pool with 3 other guys).
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

chippendale

I guess it is time for me to crawl out of the cave and help make some riflemen.  Hope to see you guys there Saturday morning.

-Dale

sluggo

I am really considering attending the New Philly range- are there state laws that would preclude me using and bringing my Colt SA 20 AR15 (complete with FH and Bayo lug? Are there any other legal implications other than the typical ATF import permits?
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt

Corvette

Sluggo,

I am not familiar with a Colt SA 20 specifically but assuming it is a semi-auto AR style 223/556 rifle it will be fine. There are no special Ohio related considerations that you need to consider. When traveling with the rifle, case it and have your mags unloaded and separate from the rifle and you should be fine.

For your planning, we will shoot between 300 and 400 rounds over the weekend. If you have any other questions on transporting you rifle, feel free to visit the Ohio AG's web site.

Corvette

sluggo

The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt