News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Good start

Started by martin, March 02, 2016, 01:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

Hi everyone, we're off to a good start. Eagle/McMiller has sold out for April 16-17. We still have other events that need to be filled and we still have some time to promote those events but the time is now. If you know anyone on the fence that is thinking of signing up, get them to sign up! Also, we still need shoot bosses at Hubertus, Suamico, Racine, and Chaseburg. Please help us out by signing up for these events and when you do sign up, please begin promoting that event.

Fellow Appleseeders, this should be our year! The ammo issues seem to be getting better and I have never heard the issue of Liberty come up more in conversations with the average person.  Appleseed events don't just happen. It takes commitment and a lot of hard work to get people on the line. Let's work to make cancelling an event, due to lack of students, a rare occasion here in Wisconsin.

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Leadlined

Several of the shoot bosses I'm used to seeing in Racine have taken on new and greater responsibilities. 

Do we know Appleseed has sufficient shoot bosses in WI to cover what we're accustomed to covering?  It might be time for a head count and some person-to-person outreach.   6 weeks goes by fast!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleerâ„¢/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

martin

Quote from: Leadlined on March 04, 2016, 12:26:29 PM
Several of the shoot bosses I'm used to seeing in Racine have taken on new and greater responsibilities. 

Do we know Appleseed has sufficient shoot bosses in WI to cover what we're accustomed to covering?  It might be time for a head count and some person-to-person outreach.   6 weeks goes by fast!

We do have enough shootbosses if they don't bunch up at one event. I hope we can get more shootbosses this year and then next year have more events.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Funny you should mention that Jason. Yes, several of us have stepped up take on new and greater responsibilities.  Which is why I am looking to you to get it in gear and get your red hats. We still have (barely) enough shoot bosses, and your still going to see me around Racine when I can, but we're looking to you to help us by picking up the torch. I look forward to seeing you on April 16-17 in Racine. Tell Naomi we send our love.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Leadlined

Glad to hear it!  Thanks for the quick response, guys.  I don't see things from the altitude you two have, so it's nice to know.   ;)  A hat upgrade is definitely in the plans for this year.

I'll pass the message to Naomi, and this time I'll be bringing a niece along.  So I'll be looking forward to helping make another great Racine event!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleerâ„¢/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

DrRichP

I'm looking forward to seeing you again my friend!!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Reckless Rick

Martin see you on the 26th for my 3rd   sbit.When i make the standard let me know where i can fill the gaps.
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

DrRichP

Rick, Wake up. You're dreaming.  There are 3 SBIT's; and the last one 1 question ... in 37 parts. Good luck.
DrRichP

Reckless Rick

Thank you for the clarification
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

martin

Hi everyone, just wanted to add an update to this thread. We are 2 weeks away from April16th and we are making some progress in filling the lines for that weekend.We have 1 event sold out but we do need to get some students yet for Chaseburg, we could use some more for Spooner, Rick and Rita are making progress in Suamico.
Also, just so you know, Wisconsin is leading the nation in the number of events for that weekend. We have 8 scheduled. We have 2 events that don't have a shootboss but we should be able to cover all events if everything works out.

IBC's,,,, there are 3 IBC's on the schedule, 1 is tomorrow (April2-3)  in Rochester MN., Taylor has 1 scheduled at his residence in Minong April 10th, and there is 1 scheduled for Bowler (May14-15). Regardless of your hat color, if you have not been to an IBC, you should plan on attending one of them. I should mention also, that the IBC in Bowler has Known Distance shooting and it is a blast !

Please add your comments,,,

and remember,,,,,,,,,,

VOTE on Tuesday April5th.
Thanks       
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

Ironsight

All, I just filled a spot in Suamico on April 16-17, my first time at that range. Sorry that I won't be at Racine that weekend to see some folks I met last year (and maybe shoot some KD), but Suamico is SOOO much closer to home.
"But I will endeavor to supply the want of Knowledge as much as possible by Watchfulness and Industry." -Nathanael Greene to John Adams, 14 July 1776

martin

Hi everyone, another update to this thread. We now have students at all the events we had scheduled for April 16-17 and we have Shoot bosses at all the events. In fact, I am still getting inquiries about attending events so we might see more students signing up before the shoot bosses download the attendance sheets. Well done to all that worked to fill the lines.

IIT's,,,, now is the time to start working on your next PC. Remember, you can start working on your PC4 at any time.

Everyone,,, Stay Safe and have a great event!
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson