News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Contacting a club to host

Started by Quigley, February 24, 2016, 09:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quigley

My son and I are recent IITs and live in RI. The program appears to have been dormant in RI for some time. We are interested in trying to rekindle them program in RI. I would like to start with my gun club. In addition there is a statewide gun club organization which represents the clubs interest with the State and I would like to contact that federation regarding the program. I have prepared a copy of the Letter of Introduction and have obtained several flyers. Is it permissible for me to contact these clubs as an ITT, or is there a more formal process that has to be followed?  May I join the federated state club as a member representing Appleseed at the state level, or must I do so as an individual? I believe that the federated club does accept individual members, but my participation may be more limited. I have attempted to contact the RI SC, but I do not believe that he is still active. Thanks.   

scuzzy

To get the ball rolling any range that may be interested needs to fill out a host app.

http://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

There hasn't been anything there in RI in ages. You might want to PM the SCs from surrounding areas like MA & NY too.

MA - lupis and aim
NY - Josey Wales

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Quigley

Josey Wales

PM sent to Quigley. I am willing to SB and help set up RI..
..JW..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..