News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Georgia 2nd Ladyseed Success

Started by rambo granny, February 23, 2016, 08:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo granny

GA rocked it out of the ballpark for the second Ladyseed. Great students, awesome instructors.
glad to have been a part.
Congratulations to Megan aka Fabricators Gal on promotion to SB.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Melissa5

John 3:16

9/12 Toccoa 219 (rimfire)
2/16 Buford 228 (centerfire)

Leadslinger66

John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Trisha

Yay! Congratulations! Keep up the good work down there

DrJohn

Calling this LadySeed a success doesn't half do it justice. We SOLD OUT the event, almost all the attendees were first time Appleseed students, many of them had never handled a firearm before, and a goodly number couldn't hit the backer first thing Saturday morning. Although I  downplay the importance of the shooting in and of itself, it certainly is a good thing to see significant improvement, and we saw significant improvement in spades, largely due to the caring and very professional jobs done my FabricatorsGal, Rambo Granny, Red Niva, TJ8, Gretchen, and WyKnott. Yep, we had some husband instructors there as well, but the event would have done very well even without them (but I am certainly glad they came!)

Even though we saw significant improvement in the shooting, it was the smiles, the assertive nods, and the appreciation expressed about Appleseed's emphasis on Liberty and heritage that was most significant to me. Many thanks to all who made this such an outstanding success, especially our gallant students. And may Liberty increase forever!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

FabricatorsGal

This was an absolutely amazing event!  We basically took 20 ladies who had never shot rifles before (6 of whom had 0 shots impact their first Redcoat targets) and had them shooting relatively tight groups even under the time constraints of the AQT.  I'm so proud they kept teachable attitudes all weekend long, and they continually improved as a result of them.  They also persevered through some challenges, like having to listen to instruction over the noise of a really loud air handler.  The Instructors worked together so well!  They did an amazing job teaching the material and adapting to the ever-changing Tasking Document.  As a result, one participant requalified.  She shot a 228 with her centerfire rifle.  We were able to talk her into taking a Blue Hat.  Hopefully, we can convince her to exchange it for an Orange Hat in the not-too-distant future!

The participants also listened eagerly to the history.  We incorporated a lot of stories about the ladies of the Revolutionary War.  Also, my husband, Fabricator, gave an amazing talk on freedom and liberty.  Throughout our classroom time, the participants were highly attentive.  You tell by the looks on their faces that what we were saying was making an impact.  I've even had a participant contact me for some further information on freedom and liberty (if you haven't already, you need to check out KrisAnne Hall too!).

It was truly an amazing weekend!  I'm looking forward to helping the Ladyseed program continue to grow!

FabricatorsGal
(Megan)