News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Period Dress Event?

Started by m1agsr, January 27, 2016, 08:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1agsr

I'm very tempted to show up in period dress for an event or 5 but, it would have to be a bit of a cross over because I don't own a period rifle (yet).

The thought of going to an event in a colonial outfit while wielding an ar15-22.... throws a strange look in my head.
Are you a rifleman, or a cook?

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

FiremanBob

I think the symbolism is apt - our forefathers won their liberty using state-of-the-art weaponry of their time.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

m1agsr

Are you a rifleman, or a cook?

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

MikeCee

This does make me think that we should really promote the "Period Dress" aspect for events close to April 19.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

ChestyPuller

Guys checkout collectors armory dot com and smilingfoxforgellc dot com for all your cool period stuff.
First shot hit under time pressure is the goal of every rifleman.