News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - New Smyrna Beach FL 11.14.15

Started by B.C., November 16, 2015, 03:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Good times! Another great event staffed by Florida's finest crew. 15 hearty and eager patriots came out to learn our shared history and the fine American martial art of marksmanship. The weather was a bit windy but excellent for the entire weekend. The shooters showed much improvement over the weekend and all went away with a better understanding of the sacrifices our founders made to create the freedoms and liberty we all enjoy today. Congratulations to Angel for shooting a 215 AQT on Sunday and becoming our newest rifleman, welcome to the exalted ranks brother! Bob re-qualified several times and shot score both Saturday and Sunday - good job, fine shooting to you sir! Make sure to save those AQT's to show to your son when he comes home from Marine boot camp. Our newly minted orange hat, cable__guy did a bang up job and I suspect he will be well on the way to red hat status before too long - well done! Special thanks also to FLawyer, TomM1thumb, jmauf, 9mm4545 and rambo granny for your dedication to our cause and the quest for keeping liberty alive. I can't say enough how wonderful it is to see all the instructors in action, I can see the inspiration from you all conveyed in the eyes of the students. It's always an extreme pleasure to be among such fine, outstanding individuals such as yourselves. Thank you all for all you do, your county needs you to brave on and keep spreading the word. Enjoy some pictures below. Until next time my friends.......
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Squeeeeezer

Thank you Mecreos for starting this thread and for the awesome pictures.  Thank you to you and all of the wonderful instructors who helped at this event.  A special thank you goes out to Rambo Granny (Janet) for not giving up on me.  Your guidance was very much appreciated and I made improvement because of it.  Oscar and I really enjoyed our time, in spite of brief frustrations from both of us, lol.

Thank you again.  Look forward to seeing all of you again real soon!

Squeeeeezer (Donna)

FLawyer

As the Shoot Boss for this weekend, I want to echo mecreos comments and add a couple of remarks. 

What a great bunch of shooters.  Persistence, determination, focus.  I saw tremendous improvement over the course of the weekend.  Of course, there were a few equipment issues to be resolved.  Squeeeeezer's real world boss (who shall remain unnamed) sent her and Oscar to the shoot with newly mounted scopes which had not been zeroed (or even fired).  IAO and the problems were resolved. 

If you will but do your homework a few evenings a week until the next Appleseed, each of you is capable of shooting the score. 

Words alone cannot express my gratitude to mecreos and Dix as Applecore volunteers (Blue hats).  They joined the instructors who came out Friday afternoon to set up the canopies, the flag display and the target line.  mecreos used his truck to haul all the canopies to the range and away afterward, he superbly handled the administrative details of the checkin process on Saturday and Sunday, he scored all the AQTs and is just an all around example to all of what volunteering for Appleseed is all about.  Huzzah.  He makes being the Shoot Boss much much simpler and allows me to focus on the bigger picture and work with the IITs.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In Liberty,
FLawyer
(Glenn)
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!