News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Californians STRETCH OUT! (A shameless Zonie plug)

Started by azmule, October 28, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

California Riflemen and will-be Riflemen...  having trouble finding a place to shoot beyond 100 or 200 yards?  Grab your centerfire rifle and cross the big ditch to Kingman, Arizona, where even at a standard Appleseed weekend, centerfire shooters spend Sunday afternoon verifying come-ups and applying their skill out to the full Rifleman's Quarter Mile.  And of course, the Kingman KD weekends are ALL ABOUT the Rifleman's Quarter Mile, including the opportunity to stretch out even further and see what you can do on that range's wonderful 1,000 yard bay!  You may even want to take Monday off work, stay over, and have that 1,000 yard bay all to yourself the next morning to practice and reinforce the lessons of the weekend!

California shooters that have already attended in Kingman - can I get an AMEN!?
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

crobjones2

AMEN - here are some observations!!

The past event, there were a couple of us from So. Cal. Even after some jabs about Ca's stupid gun rules, we showed them that there are Riflemen in CA and we came to play.

It is a relaxing 5hr drive. Besides Piru, The nearest full distance KD is in Mariposa. Well over 5hrs.

7 mile hill is a beautiful facility. I wish there was something even remotely similar in so.cal.

Almost everyone stayed in the same hotel and we all ate dinner together, which did a number on turning all of us into a cohesive unit and started building friendships.

I can only imagine that a RBC would have the same effect

come out and shoot at Kingman - I hear the FEB date is filling up fast!!

@azmule - Monday? we can have the range( how fun it would be to shoot silhouettes for part of a day) I would have to bring out a few more rifles for the ocassion

azmule

Switching to the 500M bay for squares and KDAQTs allows us to save enough time to start offering the former 3 day event as a 2 day event.  And it's actually pretty rare for somebody besides us to be on the 1,000 first thing Monday morning, so get there early and it's your range.

pennys dad

azmule

We have 2 KD dates on the schedule next year - with folks already signing up for both!

Appleseed events scheduled at 7 Mile Hill Range, Kingman, AZ:

Nov 21-22, 2015
Feb 06-07, 2016 - Advanced KD
Apr 16-17, 2016
Oct 22-23, 2016 - Advanced KD
Nov 19-20, 2016