News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

THANK YOU and Congratulations!

Started by DrRichP, October 21, 2015, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRichP

Hi Team,

As this year rapidly comes to a close, I wanted to take this time to thank you all for the hard work you've done this year.

Of the 37 events we've hosted so far this year in Wisconsin, we SOLD OUT 9 of them (Almost 25%). Compared to where we were last year this is outstanding! Here's what we've sold out this year:

•   Oregon, WI April 19-20, 2015  *SOLD OUT*
•   Racine April 19-20, 2015  *SOLD OUT Ã-- 2*
•   River Falls April 19-20, 2015  *SOLD OUT*
•   Racine, WI May 30-31, 2015   *SOLD OUT*
•   Racine, WI KD July 11-12, 2015  *SOLD OUT*
•   Oregon, WI September 26-27, 2015   *SOLD OUT*
•   River Falls October 10-11, 2015  *SOLD OUT*
•   Racine October 3-4, 2015 *SOLD OUT*
•   Oregon, WI November 7-8, 2015  *SOLD OUT*

In addition we've had some very close to Sold Out's which I think deserve recognition:

•   Eagle/McMiller, WI June 6-7, 2015   SOLD 16 of 20 (80%)
•   Racine, WI September 12-13, 2015   SOLD 28 of 35 (80%)
•   Hartford, WI May 19, 2015   SOLD 7 of 10 (70%)
•   Suamico, WI April 18-19, 2015   SOLD 21 of 30 (70%)
•   Kewaskum/West Bend Barton, WI October 17, 2015   SOLD 11 of 18 (61%)
•   Eagle/McMiller, WI August 29-30, 2015   SOLD 12 of 20 (60%)
•   River Falls, WI LadySeed September 12-13, 2015   SOLD 9 of 15 (60%)

Overall for the state this year, we sold 50.8% of the spots open on our lines (436/858 total range capacity).

Where does this rank us nationally? I don't know yet. It will be interesting for us to find out at the end of the year. I'm looking forward to when our numbers bear out what we already know … We're the best team in Appleseed! While there may be states with 3Ã-- our population and more venues, pound for pound (i.e., per capita) we're the best.

I recognize this kind of success is the result of extraordinary effort on the part of our WI team. I cannot thank each of you enough for your efforts and hard work. I have heard we don't make such acknowledgements enough, but I want to let you know (on behalf of our WI leadership team and the National Staff) we've noticed and commend each of you! THANK YOU!!

For next year, 2016, we already have 20 events scheduled (Wow!).  :bow:

I know what you're thinking … ‘We were just warming up in 2015, wait until you see how we blow it out in 2016'. I have no doubt as we in Wisconsin are gearing up to really ‘kick some bum' here in 2016 and I am looking forward to us leading the rest of the country.

I stand in awe of your efforts and accomplishments and thank you again! O0

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

ThePoet

Thanks for sharing this, Rich.  Congratulations to our hardworking volunteers in Wisconsin.  Well done!

BeSwift

Outstanding effort by all in the Region...  O0 O0 O0.. 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Fred

OK, so what's the secret to "selling out"?

The rest of us in the program would pay a mighty penny to find out!

Looking forward to 2016 in WI - will you guys be able to MORE than double the number of Appleseeds next year?

You have a goal: 72 events next year!

It is doable, but only, as we found out in the first year of this program, with hard work and dedication to reaching or exceeding that goal.

Hmmm, thinking back to that first year, at the end, we were all happy with our accomplishment: 1000 Appleseeders. Thirty seconds later, we realized that that tough first year, with the goal of 1000, was now superseded by the second year, with the goal double that.

Each year, it gets tougher. But the goal is worth it.

Thanks to you guys in WI for the outstanding accomplishment this year! :bow: O0 ^:)^

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

RTB

Great information! I love to see how it's all broken down. I can't wait for next year!
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

JoeZ

Next year, 2016, will be the 10th anniversary of Appleseed coming to WI. Rick (Reckless) and I kicked around an idea of having a shoot at the West Bend Barton (where it began for us) in June (the tornado seed) to commemorate the event. Let's have a big "Wisconsin thanks the RWVA for 10 years of Appleseed" or something like that. We had 40+ shooters then if I am remembering it right and all had berm chewing centerfires.  To show some gratitude we could fly Fred and Believer ( I don't know who of the others is still active) out and present some token of appreciation. It could be fun.

At any rate, when 2016 roles in , I'll be here plugging away.

I wish you all well,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

malabar

Outstanding!

And some of those sold-out shoots are larger shoots, too.

Excellent work. What's you secret?

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003